RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Unication Forum

Unication Forum - Forum for discussion of Unication products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2018, 2:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Unication customer service

Is there anyone else having a hard time getting in touch with someone/anyone from unication? I've emailed them 3 times in the past 3 weeks and my authoritized dealer is also having a hard time getting anyone to respond from them.
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2018, 2:59 PM

Their customer service is horrible. Customer service can make or break a company so hopefully they get it all sorted out.
Old 05-15-2018, 5:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I don't think Unication USA is all that big a company, probably four or so people max. Getting feedback from them has been difficult, but when they do respond, they are very helpful.
Old 05-15-2018, 5:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I used this link to send an inquiry about a damaged display lens replacement while the unit was in for upgrade. The form was submitted on 4/30/18, return phone call received within minutes, and a followup email on 5/2/18.
Old 05-15-2018, 7:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I hope they get it figured out also. Ever since my upgrade to phase 2 I've had question on the programming of qc2. It's just weird there not even getting back to the dealers that have questions. I'm sure if they're not getting back to the dealers, the dealers are gonna hold off selling anymore units. They had no problem upgrading and returning pagers to customers in a timely manner but can't reply to an email or return a phone call in a timely manner. Unication has a nice pager that alot of first responders will find useful and from my understanding motorola has no intentions on producing a p25 compatible pager so unication is the first in the market.
Sponsored links
Old 05-16-2018, 8:36 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

From what I recall and/or have seen/read, unless you are a large organization or jurisdiction making a large (quantity) purchase, Unication expects customers to buy units via their retailers and then work through those retailers on any issues that arise.

I made my purchase through Ray's Pagers and have never had any problems reaching Ray's and/or getting support. I suspect some other retailers aren't as responsive.

It's like I used to hear on commercials all the time - it's the service after the sale that makes the difference.
Old 05-16-2018, 5:50 PM

Ray's is excellent with customer service. They always answered my emails within a day. It is only a two-man shop (two Lancaster firefighters.)
Old 06-14-2018, 12:40 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEH View Post
I don't think Unication USA is all that big a company, probably four or so people max. Getting feedback from them has been difficult, but when they do respond, they are very helpful.
They posted a photo on their Facebook page showing 15 employees.
Old 06-14-2018, 5:37 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I emailed them on May 31st when there was a problem with the webpage to purchase the Phase II upgrade. They got back to me within two hours and were more than accommodating. .

Administrator: Firepics-THE Place for fire photographers
Old 06-14-2018, 9:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I won't mention names here but I was actually having trouble with a dealer (Wanted to sell sell sell, but never wanted to help with issues and when he did, very nasty) I actually called Unication and they said it was OK for me to switch dealers (I was unsure if it was territory based at first) and they said that I cold switch to another dealer and that they too were having some of the same issues with this dealer. I've switched and haven't been happier! And Unication's Tech Support is top notch! Any questions or repairs that need done/answered are done in a timely manner!
Old 06-14-2018, 10:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I still haven't got a straight answer from them about my problem and it's been a month now