• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Choose Ray's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ4LZM

If you are looking for a G5, go to Rays Pagers. They have the P2 upgraded G5's for $15 less ($660) than Scanner Master's old P1 G5's ($675). I wish I knew that before I trusted Scanner Master and bought mine from them. Don't make that mistake! BTW...They don't take returns either!

And when I brought this to Scanner Master, they didn't seem to care. Last purchase from Scanner Master for me!

Scanner Master is a sponsor here on the board...I hope they are listening!

Joe

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
While scanner master might have done you wrong some of the blame does lay on the customer.
Plenty of people have come on here first asking where to buy and other questions before plopping down 600 bucks. I try to do as much research on a product and the seller with most purchases over 100 bucks.
Return policy is always at the top of my questions list.
I almost feel as if this is more customer error and less of a scanner master error.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If you are looking for a G5, go to Rays Pagers. They have the P2 upgraded G5's for $15 less ($660) than Scanner Master's old P1 G5's ($675). I wish I knew that before I trusted Scanner Master and bought mine from them. Don't make that mistake! BTW...They don't take returns either!

And when I brought this to Scanner Master, they didn't seem to care. Last purchase from Scanner Master for me!

Scanner Master is a sponsor here on the board...I hope they are listening!

Joe

What is Ray's Return Policy on scanners? I don't see anything on their website.

KJ4LZM

I'm not saying that I bare no responsibility. I am mainly getting it out there that SM is so much higher thatn Ray's. On this product, they are about 15% higher. And as far as the return policy; yes I should have considered it before purchase. I am just saying beware of SM. That is all....

mule1075

Feed Provider
I'm not saying that I bare no responsibility. I am mainly getting it out there that SM is so much higher thatn Ray's. On this product, they are about 15% higher. And as far as the return policy; yes I should have considered it before purchase. I am just saying beware of SM. That is all....
So no real reason to beware of scannermaster.

fnnm400

Premium Subscriber
Ray’s is the best. 4 of us have purchased from him recently. Had problem with one on delivery, he very quickly resolved the issue. (Could have been the user error) either way he was quick to resolved.
As a business owner myself I had some phone conversation with him before the original purchase and I must I enjoyed the conversation and I feel the trust when I spoke with him.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Purchased 2 through Rays 4 months ago. Purchased 12 more a month ago. Yes all work related. Have an order for 6 desktop chargers. Rays has been good to work with for us. Thats who i would send people to.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
But.. Zipscanners.com

Any site that resorts to java popups and other means to beg me to give them my email address to sell, or more popups trying to sell me a TRX-1 - IMMEDIATELY goes into the 'never buy from you" category.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Don't make that mistake! BTW...They don't take returns either!

To be fair, everyone selling Unication products has a similar return policy. Ray's website has "No Return" disclaimer for their G4 & G5, just like Scanner Master does.

Ray's Pager Sales said:
Please contact us if you have any questions before ordering. We are not responsible if you order this item and have not done your homework on your system or have ordered the wrong model.
( No Return on this Item)

mdsxfire

EDBM
Pre ordered my phase 2 G5 from rays in February, he kept in contact once in a while to let me know where I stood. Great customer service and response to any issues I had. Love Rays and will def order anything I want in the future from him!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
So no real reason to beware of scannermaster.

I bought my first G4 at Scanner Master as I've trusted them for years. Then I heard all the talk about Ray's so I decided to give it a try when ordering accessories but was disappointed that they don't ship to Alberta Canada. I know there are dealership restrictions but if Scanner Master can why not Ray's.

I do love my G4 and am looking forward to a SDS 100 ordered at Scanner Master.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Delmarva Two Way Radio 1-800-3radio1 is another fine Uniction dealer

n0akf

Yet another vote for Ray's! :) I bought a G4 Phase II nd an amplified charger base. Great service! Answers questions right away.

CanesFan95

I've always noticed Scanner Master tends to be more expensive than other sellers over the years.

radio3353

I've always noticed Scanner Master tends to be more expensive than other sellers over the years.

And that sir is why we all love the Internet...one can price shop in minutes and weed out the high price dealers (unless they offer something compelling enough to justify their higher price.)

Status
Not open for further replies.