• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Battery Life After Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimco

I just had my radio upgraded to phase II and I’ve noticed that my battery life isn’t as good as it used to be. Has anyone else noticed this? I’m not complaining at all. Just a point of interest.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hou30guy

Mines is better lasting longer since tge volume isnt as loud as it use to be. Have it at 85 to 90 %. But no more over signaling volume to where its high pitch squeal

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jimco

Thanks. I recently started keeping my G5 on the desktop charger at night. I’m not convinced that’s not contributing to it. Who knows. :)

Jim

hou30guy

Probably after a couple of days days it should get better and better

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I never really saw a difference or I should say haven’t noticed it. But I’ll keep my eye on it now as well.

hou30guy

I dont leave mines on the charger after its full and ill use it til its 1 bar left then recharge

Last edited:

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Unication battery after Phase II

Mine is lasting the same or maybe longer. Have you figured in the COLORS in the backgrounds? and how bright your LCD display is? or even use the screen off function? I was getting nearly 20 hours when setting my screen to go off after 5 seconds. I have changed from the original battery which was Lithium Polymer to the new one from RAY'S in PA which is Lithium ION. Phase II is perfect, no complaints about battery life or reception here in Unication-land compared to other forums ;0)

troymail

Silent Key
While I do have Phase 2, I don't routinely listen to Phase 2 (not in my area). However, I've recently starting adding background colors to most talkgroups and recently even enabled full time back-lighting. My battery seems to last so long that when I travel - even on long trips, I don't even bother to plug it in anymore (I bring my cable but almost never use it on the road). (Still) very impressed by the battery life.

And while I am at it - again, since the Phase 2 upgade/firmware, the audio is better than ever! I will note that for my local system, I occasionally hear a voice call that sounds very strange and often wonder if that specific radio is different/non-standard and/or damaged in some way.

Last edited:

Jimco

Interesting. I typically start listening at around 7:00am and go to bed at around 10 or 11. I used to have two bars left when I went to bed, but lately, I'm down to one bar by 5:00pm. When I go to bed, I put the G5 on my desktop charger where it sits until I wake up.

My battery is less than a year old, so I don't think that's the issue. My screen timeout is 3 seconds and my display brightness is 10%. I may end up replacing the battery if I start seeing low battery.

Jim

Jimco

And while I am at it - again, since the Phase 2 upgade/firmware, the audio is better than ever! I will note that for my local system, I occasionally hear a voice call that sounds very strange and often wonder if that specific radio is different/non-standard and/or damaged in some way.

I can attest to that. Someone from Unication told me that they tweaked the vocoder to improve it. When I do hear a radio that doesn't sound clear, the dispatcher will often also comment that it's not clear. After Phase 2, I don't have any reception issues at all with my G5. Very happy!

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Id have to say that battery life after phase 2 is the same or better.
I have my brightness set for i believe 30% and back light timer for 15 seconds (friday changed it to 20 seconds) and i have 1 to 2 bars of battery life left after 12+ hours.

Jimco

Id have to say that battery life after phase 2 is the same or better.
I have my brightness set for i believe 30% and back light timer for 15 seconds (friday changed it to 20 seconds) and i have 1 to 2 bars of battery life left after 12+ hours.

Thanks. I still have one bar left after about 14 hours and I don't see a "Low Battery" notice, so I have no complaints at all. I appreciate everyone sharing their experience.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
My P2 G4 has impressive battery life, all that one could expect really. I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.