• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Expand Unication US line

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Who, like me, would like to see Unication US expand their pager line up to include the G5S (shown on the Unication TW page)?

I would jump on this model if offered for several reasons. First I'd like to have a VHF/UHF (no 700-800MHz) model and one that receives DMR. If the brochure on the Unication TW site is accurate, then such a unit is available.

Attachments

• g5s.jpg
    g5s.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,375

Uni1

Unication Representative
Premium Subscriber
Who, like me, would like to see Unication US expand their pager line up to include the G5S (shown on the Unication TW page)?

I would jump on this model if offered for several reasons. First I'd like to have a VHF/UHF (no 700-800MHz) model and one that receives DMR. If the brochure on the Unication TW site is accurate, then such a unit is available.

Not available yet, but will be in the future. Our next firmware release will support DMR Tier I and Tier II on the G4/G5 and 64 zones. Projected August release date.

Attachments

• DMr1.jpg
    DMr1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,230

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Not available yet, but will be in the future. Our next firmware release will support DMR Tier I and Tier II on the G4/G5 and 64 zones. Projected August release date.

That is great news and a step in the right direction. Now will Unication US offer the G5S so we can pick and choose our dual bands. I would love a VHF/UHF (450-470) model. With two G5's I could almost dump my scanners. :D

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
This is AWESOME news! UHF/VHF DMR Tier 1 is in use by many smaller public safety departments.

I dont believe anybody in the USA uses Tier 1. That was more European usage. We use Tier II and Tier III (Tier 3 is trunking)

CanesFan95

Great news! Assuming "Uni1" works for Unication? I'm thinking about a G5 now, since the SDS100 is off to a so-so start. Will DMR be a free upgrade? And what about a scan delay and a scan hold / resume button? I've been wishing for that forever.

radio3353

Will the firmware update require sending the unit to Texas? Thanks.

radio3353

Any chance of upgrading the Bluetooth spec to work with versions 4 or 5? The limitation at v2.1 is frustrating to say the least especially since there is no headphone jack. Thanks.

NebraskaCoder

Just saying, I'll gladly public (or privately) beta test this. Now I'm assuming that the upgrade won't support UHF in the 400 mHz range and I would need a new pager?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Any chance of upgrading the Bluetooth spec to work with versions 4 or 5? The limitation at v2.1 is frustrating to say the least especially since there is no headphone jack. Thanks.
Interesting, the more advanced versions have BT 4.0 installed. That makes me wonder if there are hardware differences in the BT portions.

Sent using Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Just saying, I'll gladly public (or privately) beta test this. Now I'm assuming that the upgrade won't support UHF in the 400 mHz range and I would need a new pager?

From reports in the Ontario forum, a county fire department is most likely already testing it.

CanesFan95

So who is "Uni1"? I thought the person called "Unication_David" on here worked for Unication?

LEH

Premium Subscriber
So who is "Uni1"? I thought the person called "Unication_David" on here worked for Unication?

David does and is at tech. I wonder if Uni1 is the owner. There is a Facebook page for Unication pagers and the admin says many of the same things Uni1 has. I got the impression from the FB page he more than just worked for Unication US.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Im pretty sure BT 2 and BT 4 are hardware differences aka different chipsets. So if you truly want BT 4 you would have to buy a unit with that version of hardware.

Glad we now have 2 Unication people on here. Take some of the load off David. LOL

JASII

Memory Capacity
Expand Unication US Line

So, can you simply order it direct from Unication Taiwan right now?

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
I would pay an upgrade fee just for a

"HOLD" function....yes we have workarounds but a HOLD button function like a scanner is very nice. Scanning a bunch of channels - hear what you like "HOLD".

Right now I have to just tune to a knob position and bank that I have that one channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.