RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Unication Forum

Unication Forum - Forum for discussion of Unication products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2018, 1:37 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Bluetooth on G4 and G5 Pagers

I have a G4 pager (with Phase2) and when I turn on Bluetooth, sync with my Jabra Elite, I get a very annoying beep blurp in my ear after every transmission. Is there a setting I can put in to just get the radio transmission without all the beeps and blurps ?

Also, when I disconnected my Jarba Elite, the pager went into silent mode unless you push the top left side button to remove the X from the speaker icon on the display in the lower right corner.

So how can I hear the audio without all the beeps and blurps on my Bluetooth ?
Sponsored links
Old 07-11-2018, 5:30 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner_geek View Post
I have a G4 pager (with Phase2) and when I turn on Bluetooth, sync with my Jabra Elite, I get a very annoying beep blurp in my ear after every transmission. Is there a setting I can put in to just get the radio transmission without all the beeps and blurps ?
So how can I hear the audio without all the beeps and blurps on my Bluetooth ?
You can't, unless you replace your headset with one that does not beep for a new call. Unication decided to have each transmission treated as a new incoming call, to save energy.

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2018, 5:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Bluetooth

Searching radio reference looking for some answers. Have not found them
Anyone find bt earphones that are AVAiLABLE to work with g4
Any word if the Bluetooth is going to be upgraded to 4.0. Thinking about buying another g4 but holding off until that happens. If it ever does.
Any updates on getting rid of that connecting chatter on Bluetooth

Had g4 for 4.months and didnít really use it because I could listen on bc396xt and pro 106 on analog to milw county trunking. Now that the big switch in milw county to p25 listening on bc396xt and pro 106 is driving me up a wall with missed transmission on p25

I thought I read about firmware update coming up in August. ?

Have had the g4 updated to receive p25 phase 2. Which seem to improve audio on phase 1 as others have
Said
Very happy with the g4.overall

Any suggestions. De. Wa9caf.
Old 07-26-2018, 6:47 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have tried several headsets and earphones with the same results. I think it is a trade off of which is more important, your phone/music or the G4/5 audio. If the audio is the priority, spend the $35 and get the Unication BT earpiece. It's designed specifically to work with the pager. Wish there was a better option. I've been digging around looking for an older BT 2.0 that I know is somewhere in the house, but just can't find, to try out, but it is hiding very well. It all comes down to the question of is experimenting worth it for the price of the one that is guaranteed to work?

Administrator: Firepics-THE Place for fire photographers
Old 07-26-2018, 7:08 PM

When I got my G4 from Ray's I was really looking forward to pairing it to the Android entertainment unit in my truck. No luck, won't do BT 2.0. Ugh!
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2018, 9:58 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I bought the bluetooth earpiece directly from Unication. It too beeps at the beginning and end of the transmission. Short transmissions are cut off.

The earpiece also loses it connection from time to time, so the audio starts coming out of the pager unexpectedly. So if you're trying to monitor discretely, this happening unexpectedly is not good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2018, 10:15 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Unication g4

Thanks for the replies. Now that I think of it I do have an old Bluetooth also sitting in the closet. Guess time to give that a try
I think what I will do if unication doesnít get rid of that welcoming message on Bluetooth will wait until 4 quarter of the year and see what whistler comes Up with
Thanks. De. Wa9cat
Old 07-27-2018, 4:08 PM

I got this and it works with both the G4 and my JBL Charge 3. Not an earpiece, but no annoying beeps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-27-2018, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etihparg View Post
I got this and it works with both the G4 and my JBL Charge 3. Not an earpiece, but no annoying beeps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That's what I use when I take my G4 into the car and want to pipe the auto through my car's audio system to crank up the volume. Works like a charm. I would like to get another one, but unfortunately it is unavailable at this time on Amazon. I don't know of any other source for buying one.
Old 09-28-2018, 4:49 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...c=1&pldnSite=1
looks the same i got a question i cant stand there beeps can i buy this and have the pager hook up to this unit and plug some hard wired headphones into this thing ? the beep beep is bad and i do miss some of the calls .this pager is perfect besides this for me
Old 09-28-2018, 2:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The beeps are annoying so I replaced my BT earphone with one I got off Amazon. This one doesn't beep, as it is designed for a phone I get the message "Incoming phone call" for each transmission. So be careful what you buy.

I also tried to connect my G5 to a couple of stereo BT headsets. You know, try for the best of both worlds, music when the radio isn't receiving. They worked, still had the beeps, but one would not connect to two devices. The other would, but would routinely disconnect the music if the G5 transmission was too long.