• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Problems getting Galveston Phase II to work G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

I have a new G4 that came with Phase II

I am scanning in Galveston:
TX WARN System:

1 (1) 054 (36) Galveston County Simulcast Galveston 769.44375 770.18125 770.78125 770.94375 771.89375 772.68125 773.18125
773.34375 773.94375c** 774.28125 774.55625 774.80625a**

Setting the ** c and a as the control channels...keeps saying out of range. I am in the middle of Galveston in a high hotel range should not be an issue outside.

Any other ideas - this is my first Phase 2.

Weird in the database saw another Galveston listing with 1 channel and 1 control channel - but I would guess it is the group above because it is noted as SIMULCAST.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
If you get a continuous out-of-range the control channel or some other information is probably incorrect. Make sure you use the hex form '36' and not the '054'. I would only enter the control channels. Have you tried the other Galveston site?

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
As stated, the most common issue is the WACN, SysID, RFSS or Site values are either listed on RRDB incorrectly or you've entered something in decimal that needs to be in hexadecimal.

The next most common issue is that the current control channel frequency isn't marked as a control channel frequency in the RRDB - best to enter all of them. Some systems have the potentially for using every site frequency as a control channel over time while others are typically limited to 2-4 (depending on site size).

The are a few more advanced troubleshooting options but try the easy things first.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I'm going with he used decimal and not hex for the site ID.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Probably either that or a missing control channel frequency since, for a site of that size and system of that type, there are probably more than 1 and 1....

This system typically only uses 2 control channels.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Ok guys update on the scenario - like the Idea of checking control channels (adding all the channels). And checking SITE ID.

This is a copied profile from my desktop PC that was imported - all my TGID's say no setting...LOL
And all the Galveston stuff in PPS is gone...think I copied an old Profile setting to my laptop to use while in Galveston...my bad. But the newer stuff is in my radio - just not picking up.

Radio has most of it...just needs a tweak any way to import a profile back into PPS from the Radio?
Otherwise I have a lot of work to do and will probably just not bother. while on vacation.

And just so you know for the system I did use BEE00 for Wacn and System ID 1A7 Site ID 36 (Hex) but could have missed this.

Just don't think its easy enough to fix in the radio itself without PPS

troymail

Silent Key
Ok guys update on the scenario - like the Idea of checking control channels (adding all the channels). And checking SITE ID.

This is a copied profile from my desktop PC that was imported - all my TGID's say no setting...LOL
And all the Galveston stuff in PPS is gone...think I copied an old Profile setting to my laptop to use while in Galveston...my bad. But the newer stuff is in my radio - just not picking up.

Radio has most of it...just needs a tweak any way to import a profile back into PPS from the Radio?
Otherwise I have a lot of work to do and will probably just not bother. while on vacation.

And just so you know for the system I did use BEE00 for Wacn and System ID 1A7 Site ID 36 (Hex) but could have missed this.

Just don't think its easy enough to fix in the radio itself without PPS

Yup - use the PPS to read the profile from the radio... you can't edit it on the radio itself.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Awesome...ok pulled in profile from Radio...it has the TGID's.

So where does one put in the SITE ID?

THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP !! I think I am close.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Ok put in all the channels for possible control channel.

And settings for Galveston TxWarn
WACN ID (HEX) BEE00
SYSTEM ID (HEX) 1A7

RFSS 1 (1)
SITE ID: 054 (36) (I uised 36)

Now I have full signal !!! YEAH - Getting a few things now on Dispatch but strangely Display says 1/54 so I guess SITE ID should be 054?

Thanks - now I can Scan !!!
Thanks everyone - and Troymail for hangin in there with me.

troymail

Silent Key
Ok put in all the channels for possible control channel.

And settings for Galveston TxWarn
WACN ID (HEX) BEE00
SYSTEM ID (HEX) 1A7

RFSS 1 (1)
SITE ID: 054 (36) (I uised 36)

Now I have full signal !!! YEAH - Getting a few things now on Dispatch but strangely Display says 1/54 so I guess SITE ID should be 054?

Thanks - now I can Scan !!!
Thanks everyone - and Troymail for hangin in there with me.

Were you settings as is all along or did you change something (other than adding more frequencies)?

The display can show the site info in decimal or hex - the default (I believe) is to display in decimal even though you enter it in hex...

If you press the main large toggle button down a bunch of times (scroll to the bottom), the radio should tell you what the active control channel frequency is.... we're all curious.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
This system typically only uses 2 control channels.

May only use two but being a Motorola system it should be advertising 4 (one current and three alternates).

I’ve found, sometimes you have to actually locate the control channel and read the data to see what is current and what is alternate and in some cases, find an adjacent site and see what the system is saying is current the site of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
May only use two but being a Motorola system it should be advertising 4 (one current and three alternates).

I’ve found, sometimes you have to actually locate the control channel and read the data to see what is current and what is alternate and in some cases, find an adjacent site and see what the system is saying is current the site of interest.

No, it's only 2 control channels. The site only advertises the number of CC's the site controller has flagged as CC's. It doesn't have to be 4.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
I put all the channels in and changed SITE ID

It Rocks now - Full Signal lots of listening !! Super CLEAR

Love this Unication Community !!
Thanks all !!

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
No, it's only 2 control channels. The site only advertises the number of CC's the site controller has flagged as CC's. It doesn't have to be 4.

Again, it’s a Motorola Site on a Motorola System, it should be advertising 4 if it has 4 channels or more. If it isn’t, it is not properly configured.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Again, it’s a Motorola Site on a Motorola System, it should be advertising 4 if it has 4 channels or more. If it isn’t, it is not properly configured.

Ok, I'll let Harris County know ALL their sites are configured wrong.

BTW, you don't have to have 4 CC's...trust me on this. I'm not as dumb as I look (I couldn't be :p).

gjhamilton

Maybe someone who actually works for Motorola could chime in on the subject

tvsjr

I'm sitting here looking at several systems, all Motorola, all fairly recent except the TxWARN site:
TxWARN - 2 CCs
2 other systems - 2 CCs
Another system - 6 CCs (much larger system)

The hard-and-fast you-must-advertise-4-control-channels-period died with Type II, I believe. I'm pretty sure TxWARN doesn't advertise 4 per site because of the channel number limitations in the A25/APX platform radios. They simply couldn't enter all of the sites into a single CC list if every one advertised 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.