• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Free phase-ii tdma firmware for all G4/5 coming 8/17/18!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdcomm

Feed Provider
We are planning to release an updated software version for the G-Series P25 Voice Pagers on Friday, August 17th, 2018. This release, Firmware V1.1, provides some added and improved features, as well as various bug and issue fixes. The biggest news about this release is that V1.1 will allow Phase II operation for all devices. The reason we have decided to freely release Phase II to all devices, is that the added AMBE+2 vocoder provides greatly improved performance, not only on Phase II, but on Phase I as well. Unication feels strongly that performance optimization is a quality standard, not a feature, and we want to ensure this optimization is available to every device.

RELEASE NOTES: Updated Firmware & PPS for G4/G5 Voice Pager
FIRMWARE: V1.1
PPS: V03.12.06
Device software (V1.1) and programming software (V03.12.06) has added a number of enhancements. An overview of the updates included in this release are outlined below.
New Features & Enhancements:
• Adds P25 Phase 2 operation in all devices
• AMBE+2 vocoder for improved performance
• Support for Harris Simul-Select and Late entry
• Added RF Test in the function settings menu
Bug/Issue Fixes:
• Fixes for multiple DVR Reset error codes.
• Enhanced the analog 2 tone bandwidth to improve performance when decoding tones with low deviation levels.
• Fixed issue that occurred when Alert Tone and Voice Buffering are enabled. The end section of the buffered voice could be cut off by the next received voice message.
• Fixed issue that occurred when Alert Tone is enabled and Voice Buffering is disabled. The alert tone could cut off the beginning of the received voice call.
• Fixed an issue where the volume knob would not perform in a linear fashion.
• Enhanced CTCSS for low and high deviation levels.
• Fixed issue where CTCSS/CDCSS was not being decoded.
• Various other under the hood fixes and improvements to optimize performance.
PPS Changes:
• Added Timer for Analog Priority Scan with 500ms being the default.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Support for Harris Simul-Select and Late entry
Is this what I hope it is?
Simul-Select is that TG patches?

thanks

Last edited:

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
ABOUT CMD COMM

Headquartered in the suburbs of Houston, Texas, Command Communications is the world's largest new & used public safety equipment and communications supplier. We are well equipped to handle all of your wireless communications requirements, including sales, rentals, and service.

CORPORATE OFFICE
416 Woodline Drive
Spring, TX 77386
http://cmdcomm.com/g-series-p25-voice-paging-solutions/

CanesFan95

Great news. So Phase II isn't an extra $150 now? I thought when that was coming out, they made it free/included for a little while if you bought a new unit. But now it's just free. I remember some posters upset over having to pay the extra $150.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Large dealer in Houston area I think.
Did I miss DMR? or is that sep thing LATER

Unication was at APCO2018 last week.
I stopped and talked to them. I wish I could remember the gentlemans name, but I can't.

I asked about "other digital modes".
Since the AMBE+2 will support them, it makes sense.

I was told that DMR was being considered. It made sense, but would come after Phase 2.

NXDN, however, was not really in the works. Unication felt there was not enough demand, and it would require working with Kenwood and Icom on the trunking protocols.

No dates were mentioned, so don't ask.

They did have a nice booth with their pagers on display. I like the products, but just don't currently have a need for one.

David628

Premium Subscriber
Great...I paid extra for a “phase 2” G4 and now those who paid less for the non-phase 2 G4 are going to get phase 2 free... what a scam...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Generally, if a receiver will receive "Phase 2" then it has the hardware in place to receive DMR. Because they are basically the same thing.

BigWonton

Great...I paid extra for a “phase 2” G4 and now those who paid less for the non-phase 2 G4 are going to get phase 2 free... what a scam...

I'm pretty ticked off about this whole thing too.

I purchased my non-phase II G4 in March of this year (I believe) right before the "free Phase II" promotion was announced. I talked with Unication USA and was basically told "too bad, so sad, you can pay $150 for the upgrade".

When the limited time $95 upgrade was announced, I paid for it since I figured I might as well get it while it was discounted.

Now it's going to be a freebie for all? What a scam indeed..... :mad:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Great pager, good support and responsive customer service...but their business decisions regarding pricing just plain sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
Refund?

Does this mean that those who sent their units in and paid for an upgrade get a refund?

Or how about a coupon for $100 worth of accessories, or $100 off a second unit?

Thanks,

Bill

vocoder

I'm pretty ticked off about this whole thing too.

I purchased my non-phase II G4 in March of this year (I believe) right before the "free Phase II" promotion was announced. I talked with Unication USA and was basically told "too bad, so sad, you can pay $150 for the upgrade".

When the limited time $95 upgrade was announced, I paid for it since I figured I might as well get it while it was discounted.

Now it's going to be a freebie for all? What a scam indeed..... :mad:
Scam could equal BBB

Status
Not open for further replies.