• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Understanding delay settings for QCII over P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I'm a bit confused by the variety of settings used on QCII over P25, and after reading through a ton of instructions, I'm still trying to determine exactly what should be used for my situation. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

My county uses two-tone pages that are being simulcasted over the P25 system. Most of the time, they are very close together, however a few times, I've noticed that they can be several seconds apart. Worse yet, sometimes the voice follows nearly 10-15 seconds after the paging. What I'm trying to set up is a way to have all of the pages alert for different departments and then it will stay unmuted on the dispatch talkgroup for a certain delay of time (ex. 30 seconds) after the last tone-out.

Right now I'm using Monitor TImeout with a Timer Reset Timer of 30 seconds. Delay N Function is enabled for 20 seconds, and Record Delay is enabled for 10 seconds. What I'm seeing is that after the page, even though the fire dispatch talkgroup is the one one in the scanlist for the zone/channel, I'm hearing all traffic (including encryption noise) from other talkgroups.

How can I just keep it on the dispatch talkgroup for like 30 seconds after the last tone-out? Thanks for any advice...

Gilligan

Database Admin
After some more monitoring, I think the real issue I'm having is that all talkgroup traffic is being passed while the radio is in Monitor mode for 30 seconds after the dispatch, instead of just the single talkgroup that is being checked for tones. Is there a way to have it stay on the dispatch talkgroup only, for the remainder of the monitoring (30 seconds or so)?

Gilligan

Database Admin
I think I finally got it figured out. I'm using Auto-Reset plus Delay N Function at 20 seconds. That seems to be working. Thanks for the suggestions!

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
I think I finally got it figured out. I'm using Auto-Reset plus Delay N Function at 20 seconds. That seems to be working. Thanks for the suggestions!

What exactly are you using for settings that fixed the issue? I am trying to program in the same thing, Moto QCII tones, and after Alerting, I am getting all TG's that are on the system, I only want to monitor those in my Talk Group List.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider

Send me your unipps file Tyler-Franklin@outlook.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I simply would like to know what settings to use in order to "scan" talkgroups in the "Talk Group List" after the pager alerts for a page, I don't want it to "wildcard" on every talkgroup on the system.

TFrank615

I simply would like to know what settings to use in order to "scan" talkgroups in the "Talk Group List" after the pager alerts for a page, I don't want it to "wildcard" on every talkgroup on the system.

Hard to explain. So I was gonna help you with your file. Instead I will simply post the link to the video so you can learn from watching it. To get it to alert on all subgroup tones you have enabled, you need to uncheck delay n timer.

https://youtu.be/4SXdjkRFKHU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Hard to explain. So I was gonna help you with your file. Instead I will simply post the link to the video so you can learn from watching it. To get it to alert on all subgroup tones you have enabled, you need to uncheck delay n timer.

https://youtu.be/4SXdjkRFKHU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you TFrank for the video link. I appreciate it.

guyiv

Feed Provider
When you have the Reset Mode set to the any of the Monitor settings you will receive all TGs on the system. When ever you see Monitor it means it will listen to all TGs even if they are not programmed in the knob selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.