• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Multiple 2 tone decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemt25

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to have multiple sets of 2 tone decoding happen on 1 talk group? I have several different stations I want my G5 to alert for off of 1 talk group but it says I can only have 1 talk group with the same TG ID assigned to any zone. Is it possible to add multiple 2 tone decodes to the same ID? Thanks in advance.

CFP387

I have several tone pairs that are set to activate on a single talk group in my G5. I've found that when all the tones are set off only one pair will activate the unit. The others pass through with no activation unlike the Minitor pagers which would activate on every tone that was programmed.

Holshot14

I’m guessing this is over P25, cause you mentioned talk group. I have had the same issue since QC over P25 came out. I have the same 2 tone pairs on a simul analog freq and all alert! If you find a fix let me know please.

TFrank615

I’m guessing this is over P25, cause you mentioned talk group. I have had the same issue since QC over P25 came out. I have the same 2 tone pairs on a simul analog freq and all alert! If you find a fix let me know please.

Shoot me an email with the unipps file and let me look at at, I helped this guy get his fixed up. I’m at work know but can look at it in a little while Tyler-Franklin@outlook.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holshot14

Thanks, I will, but it may be a few days til i get it to you. I’m on vacation. Thanks for your help.

hfd26

I have been having this same problemail on a Motorola vhf p25 p2 system. I've been back and fourth with unication and we still can't figure out the problem. The problem I strongly believe is the minimum tone gap in tab 3 of the programming. U can only have 500ms gap. When my county does multiple tones there's zero gap between tones. When you look at your programming for analog 2tone you see under tone 1 a zero gap and tone 2 a zero gap and all tones will activate. P25 is looking for that 500ms gap which doesn't happen with stacked tones. I've asked numerous times if tab 3 minium gap can be changed in the programming but don't seem to get any answers.

TFrank615

I have been having this same problemail on a Motorola vhf p25 p2 system. I've been back and fourth with unication and we still can't figure out the problem. The problem I strongly believe is the minimum tone gap in tab 3 of the programming. U can only have 500ms gap. When my county does multiple tones there's zero gap between tones. When you look at your programming for analog 2tone you see under tone 1 a zero gap and tone 2 a zero gap and all tones will activate. P25 is looking for that 500ms gap which doesn't happen with stacked tones. I've asked numerous times if tab 3 minium gap can be changed in the programming but don't seem to get any answers.

Not too sure on the VHF side with these. The other two are/were having problems with 7/800 P25

Gilligan

Database Admin
Just saw this thread and if I'm reading this correctly, I think what is being asked is if it is possible for the G5 to alert for sequential pages (more than a single one) on QCII over P25. If that is what is being asked, is that possible now? I didn't want to start a new thread if that is the same question. When I put my G5 into trunking TG-scan and have two-tone pages set up, it only alerts for the first one and then the squelch stays open for the remaining pages and dispatch.

TFrank615

Just saw this thread and if I'm reading this correctly, I think what is being asked is if it is possible for the G5 to alert for sequential pages (more than a single one) on QCII over P25. If that is what is being asked, is that possible now? I didn't want to start a new thread if that is the same question. When I put my G5 into trunking TG-scan and have two-tone pages set up, it only alerts for the first one and then the squelch stays open for the remaining pages and dispatch.

Unless anyone else has more info, which would be awesome btw, I do not know of a way to do that yet or if it is even possible

hfd26

At this point it doesn't seem possible on some systems. My Motorola vhf p2 system it only alerts one tone. When tones are being sent out there is no gap between the tones. If there's a half Second to a 1 second delay between tones then they will alert. I be leave it's something in the programming. You can only set it to a 500ms gap

TFrank615

At this point it doesn't seem possible on some systems. My Motorola vhf p2 system it only alerts one tone. When tones are being sent out there is no gap between the tones. If there's a half Second to a 1 second delay between tones then they will alert. I be leave it's something in the programming. You can only set it to a 500ms gap

On our tones there’s at least a good 2 second gap or more between two sets of tones

hfd26

Do you have the problem with multiple sets of 2 tone activating. Mine will only set of 1 tone

Status
Not open for further replies.