• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

DMR Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Anyone hear any news from Unication about the DMR/TRBO firmware for the G5's?

Local ish.. fire dept has VHF 7/800 G5 with P25/DMR as they are paged out via DMR and respond DMR but can monitor the city talkgroups on the 800mhz trunked system

Iv tried contacting unication over the last month and Tim does not seem to return calls or emails, had a tech send him a few emails for me and another lady said she would get a hold of him but no reply at all. I know there was some type of release date for DMR for this year but cant remember when that was

Just curious if anyone has any new info on the firmware update. In the current PPS in the help menu you can see they have added colour code and timeslot info so it shouldnt be too far away

jeffhochberg

Premium Subscriber
I’m confused...I just read a document on ScannerMasters site that says the G4 already supports DMR (both conventional and trunking).

Is there a newer model than the one you own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SCMajorInci

Premium Subscriber
Per PPS, the following models support DMR:

G4:
G4B67BF-SXXXEN1400UNI

G5:
G5B67BF-SXVXEN1400UNI
G5B67BF-SXUBEN1400UNI
G5B67BF-SXUCEN1400UNI
G5B67BF-SXUDEN1400UNI

I would contact Ray's Pager Sales or West Coast Emergency Supply to get a definitive answer as dealers should have all that information.

I took a couple of screen shots for your review in PPS, you can find them below. I would test and see if it works on my G5 but we dont have anything that is DMR VHF. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 752
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 757
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 755

SCMajorInci

Premium Subscriber
DMR on a G4? I have never seen a 700/800 MHz. DMR system. I don't see any of that DMR stuff on my PPS, same version (G4).

That was my thought also. I think I might have seen one on RR before. When you setup a new profile in PPS, it shows the protocols that it works with. Once in the profile, you can configure under tab D, then option 3. Since ive never programmed a DMR site before, I did a little research and a Tytera programming video on Youtube gave me an idea of how or what it would look like especially with the repeater slot options that the protocol settings require.

Attachments

• Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 745
Last edited:

fire701

Feed Provider
G5 Pagers

Does anyone know if the G 5 Pagers will monitor MOTOTRBO system. I just read a post above and they said something about it. Our Local VFD just went to Digital MOTOTRBO LCP and we are having trouble monitoring it. Any Help will be appreciated.

SCMajorInci

Premium Subscriber
I don't see anything in PPS about it. Moto TRBO is becoming popular and it would not surprise me to see this added in the future.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The G4/5 does NOT monitor DMR. Unication has indicated it is coming in a future firmware release but it is not out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.