• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 PPS Voice Storage Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Just got my G5. I have been working on programming it for both public safety use and hobbyist use. One thing I noticed on the D5 zone/channel setting screen is that the voice storage dropdown box is only allowing for "off" or "ID Match". However, the description field to the right indicates that there are three options, with the third being "All Voice". I am particularly interested in the "All Voice" option because I would like to use this to monitor a new TRS being built out when I am not using it for other purposes. The "All Voice" record option would be helpful.

Anybody know if this is a known discrepancy in the software and whether it is being worked on? I did not see it mentioned elsewhere in the forums.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I dont believe you can have it record all traffic.
Reason being is on tab D-4 group settings you have to have a group ID with the option enabled to record audio.
When its in Trunking Scan mode it relies on the TG to match the TG ID in order to record.
If you have it Trunking Monitor mode its passing audio on all TG but it cant record due to the option not being there to record unkown TG audio.
I once had a new system with 4 programmed in TG and had it on Monitor, it would record audio for those 4 but not when it was playing audio for an unknown TG.
I only experimented with it for a short time and that was right around the time Phase 2 was out so its possible things have changed since then.

EDIT: To add to it, there was a system locally (Harris System) that loved to patch talkgroups. I had the primary TG set up to record but when they set up this patch it would create a new TG. It would pass the audio but not record it as the screen showed the new TG and not the one i had set up in the D-4 Group settings. Its odd how it works but I was happy it passed the audio.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Hmmm...I wonder if it is a future thing they are working on. Seems odd that "All Voice" shows up in the instructions window to the right but is not an available option at all. For "All Voice", it even says "Record all voice calls regardless of IDs". And, the voice storage option dropdown is in the knob function setting area. Oh well, I am still satisfied with the unit. We'll see what changes come down the road. This is a feature I would like to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.