• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication Receive Types - Motorolla Type II Smartzone to P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
As we start seeing more and more movement from older systems (EDACS / Motorolla Type II Smartzone) to P25 Phase I or Phase II. I notice more and more agencies running them in parallel till the switch.

I look at Oklahoma
Tulsa - Motorola Type II Smartzone - also running OKWIN Phase I P25
Oklahoma City - EDACS & Smartzone II - also converting to OKWIN Phase I

QUESTION:
What systems does the Unication G4/G5 cover besides P25?
I assume no Smartzone II or EDACS
And if its P25 Phase I or II - yes...does it also listen to A (analog) - I know it does D (digital) and also know DE (Digital Encrypted) of course is encrypted listening to garble.

I have the G5 with VHF - so guessing it gets the APCO P25 VHF - Does it do the old Analog VHF?

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
As we start seeing more and more movement from older systems (EDACS / Motorolla Type II Smartzone) to P25 Phase I or Phase II. I notice more and more agencies running them in parallel till the switch.

I look at Oklahoma
Tulsa - Motorola Type II Smartzone - also running OKWIN Phase I P25
Oklahoma City - EDACS & Smartzone II - also converting to OKWIN Phase I

QUESTION:
What systems does the Unication G4/G5 cover besides P25?
I assume no Smartzone II or EDACS
And if its P25 Phase I or II - yes...does it also listen to A (analog) - I know it does D (digital) and also know DE (Digital Encrypted) of course is encrypted listening to garble.

I have the G5 with VHF - so guessing it gets the APCO P25 VHF - Does it do the old Analog VHF?

At the present time, the G4/G5 only covers P25 Phase 1 & 2 trunked systems and conventional P25 frequencies, no SmartNet, SmartZone, or EDACS. It's also DMR capable, however, it's my understanding that particular feature has yet to be released. The G5 will receive analog/conventional UHF or VHF depending on the model.

As far as the encryption goes, the G4/G5 will decode provided the device has been loaded with the proper key (AES only-it won't do ADP or DES).

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
This is what I figured...just wanted to verify.

Guess I am trying to understand P25 conventional - is there a system that you can used as an example that is using P25 conventional? I think Texas DPS is one...just trying to verify.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Correct Texas DPS is conventional Digital aka conventional P25. VHF
Balch Springs TX also uses conventional P25 800mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.