• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New G5 user how do you import RR files into pps

Status
Not open for further replies.

elrod

You can't. The pps can only be manually. It can get very tedious if you have alot of systems to do.

Chuck

jcook11

Feed Provider
They are supposed to be testing some beta version that supports this. Not sure how long it will be.

KM4WLV

They are supposed to be testing some beta version that supports this. Not sure how long it will be.

There is in fact a PPS version in beta testing now (that I'm helping test) that includes an import option from RR. You must be a premium subscriber to download the system freqs & TG's in Excel format. There's an import button in the PPS to import them. I've been testing it for a little over a month & the import feature works great.

DJ11DLN

There is in fact a PPS version in beta testing now (that I'm helping test) that includes an import option from RR. You must be a premium subscriber to download the system freqs & TG's in Excel format. There's an import button in the PPS to import them. I've been testing it for a little over a month & the import feature works great.
This is great news. I've been toying with the idea of getting a G5 for awhile now; I don't have a lot of LSM to deal with but the outstanding reviews and the overall cool factor of the radio have had me thinking about getting myself one. One of the factors holding me back has been the lack of RRDB import capability. I may just have to pull the trigger after the first of the year.:)

mitbr

This is great news. I've been toying with the idea of getting a G5 for awhile now; I don't have a lot of LSM to deal with but the outstanding reviews and the overall cool factor of the radio have had me thinking about getting myself one. One of the factors holding me back has been the lack of RRDB import capability. I may just have to pull the trigger after the first of the year.:)

The G5 is on sale right now until dec 21 at Rays Pagers 565 free shipping no tax!!
Tim

bob550

Premium Subscriber

That's fantastic! I just pulled the trigger on a new G5 this afternoon. I've been playing with the current version of PPS for awhile now, but haven't input too many talkgroups from my local P25 system yet. Any estimate on when this new PPS will go live?

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
East Coast Pagers has the G5 for $560.25 until 12/21. Plus Phil said on his Scanner School podcast that he could do a little better than that price if you contacted him. I just got a G5 for a Harris P25 Phase II system and am very happy so far.

DJ11DLN

I love Radio Reference but sometimes my wallet and my CPA hate it. But I think I need to call him Monday, since I can use it on the VFD, a G5 might be a deductible expense? That would at least make the CPA happy.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I love Radio Reference but sometimes my wallet and my CPA hate it. But I think I need to call him Monday, since I can use it on the VFD, a G5 might be a deductible expense? That would at least make the CPA happy.

Ebay is having a 10% discount today only until midnight Eastern Time (USA) on electronics. Got my G5 for $508.72 using Paypal.

radio3353

If you ONLY use it for alerting from your FD then maybe. If you listen to anything else with it then likely no.

DJ11DLN

If you ONLY use it for alerting from your FD then maybe. If you listen to anything else with it then likely no.
That's why I want to check with the tax guy. I know years back when I was an RDS the guy I used for tax prep then wanted me to keep track of all my purchases for use with the SD. And we had to buy just about everything out of our own pockets. It was enough each year to make a bit of a difference. The VFD is different in that they usually come up with the funding for what we need so there's been no benefit in keeping track of the very few small and relatively inexpensive purchases I've made toward that end. Having left the RDS in '95 I don't know if the laws have changed and in what way in regards to items purchased for volunteer PS service so I want to check with an expert.

Who am I kiddin'? I'm likely gonna just buy the freakin' thing anyway, whether it improves my tax status or not.:D

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber

I am glad to hear this. I was not aware that they were planning on adding this feature.

It can be very slow going when you are handling large talkgroup systems (Maryland FiRST, Baltimore County, Prince George's County) with adding them to the PPS software so this will be a nice future addition.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I've seen that in the beta 5.4 version and was wondering how it might work.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.