when too order the 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

If i ordered the 536 today, what features would be missing? Should I wait a while longer?

Thanks

Just the WiFi app and analyze witch ain't nothing that big. I love mine and want to buy more.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jdobbs2001

If i ordered the 536 today, what features would be missing? Should I wait a while longer?

Thanks

Only order it if it has the features you want right now. I would not recommend buying it if you want it for the Wifi feature or the other features promised but not yet delivered. Because it might never get delivered and then next years model will have all those features right out of the box.

bee

Although, I have owned many scanner over the years-- including the HomePatriol-- i do not know what the WIFI and analyze are. I may not neded these featurs. Would someone please explain.

Last edited:

bama9999

The wifi option, when they get the firmware and SIREN app finished, will allow you to use a smartphone or tablet as a remote control interface for the 536, or you will also be able to leave your 536 at home, connected to the internet, and you will be able to control and listen to your scanner when you are away from home, as long as you have internet access for your smartphone or tablet.

The analyze feature allows you to look at a trunked system, such as MSWIN, and see various activity, such as which talkgroups are affiliated with a site, which radio ID's are affiliated, etc... If you have used Pro96COM or one of the other software options, with another scanner to see control channel activity, it does similar to that.

bama9999

While some will tell you not to go ahead and get the scanner until those options have been delivered, I am completely happy with my 536, just as it is. I look forward to those options, but for me they are not a requirement to get a lot of enjoyment from the radio.

I've read some complaints about the 536, and I don't know if I just got lucky or what, but mine is easily the best scanner that I've ever had, and I've had many, many different ones over the years.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks guys.

bama9999, I think you said you got your 536,in Huntsville, is that correct?

Oh I would not buy one right now until the old stock is filtered through. If you look at Uniden's Website you will notice that they are out of stock and not selling those units right now.

You have to ask yourself the question "WHY" is Uniden not selling them on their website but they are all over Amazon and all over EBAY and the prices just have dropped 50 bucks.

Its because there are hardware issues with these units. Undien has been really quiet lately about anything to do with these scanner radios. No firmware releases, no app release, and absolutely nothing. I sold the two that I had because I was loosing my mind with all of the issues. Just sticking with the older units like the BCD996XT. Have four of them.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
While some will tell you not to go ahead and get the scanner until those options have been delivered, I am completely happy with my 536, just as it is.

Yep, exactly. I feel the same about my 436. I would definitely take the word of someone who actually owns the radio over someone who refuses to own one because a couple of features are not ready yet. Seems silly to miss out on all the rest of what these radios do, but it's their choice to do that.

-AZ

pepsima1

Banned
Oh trust me I am not a hater. I own 4 BCD996XT and 1 BCD436HP. I would not steer somebody in the wrong direction because of features not being released. Its the core foundation of the radio that has hardware issues.

If Uniden is not selling these units on their website then "You should be-able to read between the lines"

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
You have to ask yourself the question "WHY" is Uniden not selling them on their website but they are all over Amazon and all over EBAY and the prices just have dropped 50 bucks.

If Uniden is not selling these units on their website then "You should be-able to read between the lines"

LOL...

No need to read between the lines when Upman's answer as to why the units are out of stock on the Uniden website is right here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...vent-they-sourced-new-dongle.html#post2208680

pepsima1

Banned
Lets just say not lying but stretching the truth.

Upman has to comply to certain issues that Uniden is having with their equipment on keeping a tight lip.

If you read all of the forums there is no doubt that there are hardware issues. Trust me they had to shutdown the product line for whatever time is needed to fix the radios and the design. Its all for the greater good. At least people on this forum have noticed these issues and I was the first person to notice the headphone problems and they were addressed by Upman and Uniden. There are more issues with the internal and external speaker issues and it makes sense to get this all resolved before any new radios from the factory get shipped at this point.

There are still hundreds radios still running around on EBAY - Amazon and all sorts of distributors.

If the siren app is still in development and is going to be released sometime in the future then all of the core foundations of the radio needs to be addressed and fixed. If not then other problems will show up down the road and this will be a complete headache for Uniden re-calling all of these radios.

Its better to re-call a coupe of thousands of these radios instead of "tens of thousands of these radio's to fix"

Its all common sense from a business stand-point. RR is a good place to gather all of this valuable data for opportunity and growth to make things even better.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber

I'm sitting in a meeting right now deciding what to order for November (that is how far ahead we have to place factory orders). We have sold out of product nearly every month this year. When we don't have inventory for our distribution partners, we do not offer the product for sale on our web site. Demand exceeding forecast is the only reason we are not selling them.

No need to read between the lines, and not stretching the truth. Despite the issues, we can't seem to catch our low expectations up to the high demand (and our expectations weren't really low, compared to previous models).

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm sitting in a meeting right now deciding what to order for November (that is how far ahead we have to place factory orders). We have sold out of product nearly every month this year. When we don't have inventory for our distribution partners, we do not offer the product for sale on our web site. Demand exceeding forecast is the only reason we are not selling them.

No need to read between the lines, and not stretching the truth. Despite the issues, we can't seem to catch our low expectations up to the high demand (and our expectations weren't really low, compared to previous models).

Thanks, I figured the rumors just posted were false.... once again.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
We have sold out of product nearly every month this year.

Wow, these scanners must be terrible to sell out like that every month. ;)

I gotta say I don't get the whole "Uniden is out to get us" conspiracy that's been floating around this forum like a noxious fart cloud ever since these radios were released. Are there issues? Certainly! Are they showstoppers? Not at all. The numbers prove that I'm not the only one who feels this way - and I'm sure many of those units each month are going to news stations and public safety agencies who have no use or desire for the Siren app or the Analyze feature.

I took my 436HP into a Phoenix news station recently and probably sold at least 4 of them to the news guys hanging around in the station, even without the "missing feature" that all the naysayers have been carrying on about. That's how impressed they were with how much BETTER this scanner works than ANY previous model on our digital radio systems. Even if all this scanner did was P25, they'd buy it, because that is what they NEED. The station had a whole array of Unidens, RS units and GRE units - the 436HP blew them all away on P25 which is what counts for the newsies out here.

Honestly, if it were me with the money to only buy one scanner, I'd have to recommend the 436HP over it's cousin the 536HP. I think between the two, the 436HP is the superior radio. But I don't yet own a 536HP (I will in October, when I get my "birthday money" from my wife a.k.a. our financial manager) so once I do, that recommendation might change.

-AZ

pepsima1

Banned
Upman

Please just fix the hardware issues from what has been posted on this website and through a lot of our findings then. external and internal speaker hissing noise. Make it bullet proof like the BCD996XT is.

That's all we are asking for. I will wait to see what the BCD636HP model will look like or whatever is lurking around the corner with even newer models. Bowing out on this release model of the 536HP model due to the headphone jack problem and then the internal and external speaker hissing noise.

Good Luck

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Good (well, relatively good) news is that our Division President is now promoted to Corporate President and is on the Board of Directors. Our head of Scanner Engineering is also now on the Board of Directors. They met with the vendor last week and "strongly impressed" them with our need for the issues to be resolved. We are taking this quite seriously and doing what we can do, but I am not at liberty to disclose every single thing we are doing (every day).

Status
Not open for further replies.