BearTracker 885

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The BearTracker 885 does what no other CB radio can do: it can keep you up-to-date with current public safety activity anywhere in the US and Canada* by scanning for police, fire, ambulance, and/or DOT radio traffic. No need to worry about changing scanner programming as you drive. The included GPS allows the BearTracker 885 to automatically select nearby channels from its nationwide database without you having to lift a finger. We update that database every week, so if something changes where you are (or where you are going to be), simply load the latest using the included BearTracker Update Manager. The database includes all known* analog and digital channels, so all you have to do is drive and listen.
Truck_RAD.png

BearTracker Warning System alerts you whenever there is nearby public safety radio traffic. The BearTracker 885 does this by checking the low-power signal produced by the radio in the public safety vehicle, so if you get an alert, you know that there is activity within only a couple of miles from you. Best of all, this feature is legal to use… even in commercial interstate commerce vehicles.**

And, of course, the BearTracker 885 is a full-featured CB Radio, too. It has 40-channel CB operation, 4-Watt RF power, a 7-color display, a SWR meter for precision antenna tuning, RF Gain, Mic Gain, PA mode, Talkback, and NOAA Weather with Alert. The ergonomic noise-cancelling microphone is designed to enhance your transmissions, even in the noisy environment of a tractor-trailer cab.

• Full-Featured 40-Channel CB Radio
  • Digital Trunktracking Scanner: Receive police, fire, ambulance, and DOT dispatch transmissions wherever you are in the US and Canada*
  • BearTracker Warning System: Legal alternative to Radar Detectors. Alerts you when nearby public safety transmissions are detected.
  • GPS Included: Allows the BearTracker 885 to automatically select nearby scanner channels to monitor.
  • Nationwide Scanner Database: Includes all known police/fire/ambulance/DOT channels in use in the USA and Canada*
  • Weekly Updates: Free updates keep the scanner database current so if an agency changes channels, you won’t be left behind.
  • Simple, distraction free operation: No need to program or select scanner channels.
  • 7-Color LCD Display
  • Weather Alert
  • PA Function
  • Wireless Mic Compatible
  • Digital and Analog Police/Fire/Ambulance/DOT scanner
  • Scan system types include conventional analog, Motorola, LTR, EDACS, APCO P25 Phase I and Phase II
  • Includes VHF, UHF, 700/800 MHz
  • Quick avoid for unwanted channels
  • Individually select types of channels to receive
  • BearTracker Warning System
  • SWR Meter
  • Antenna System Check
  • Vehicle Power Check
  • CB/Scan priority selection
  • Mic and RF Gain
* Cannot receive encrypted or some proprietary types of digital systems.
** Some states restrict the use of scanners in vehicles. Please check your local state laws for any restrictions.

Last edited:

scosgt

Thanks
That looks pretty cool.
Assuming it uses Home Patrol type programming

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, that's what the description sounds like to me as well. The 'product manual' link currently does not work, so no additional details that I could find at this time.

DJ11DLN

Intriguing concept. I see it has dual antenna connections, which puts to rest my one concern about it, that being where does one find an antenna resonant on 11M that also will receive LMR through 800 worth a hoot. I'll be looking forward to more details about this one.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Will only have PD/Fire/EMS Dispatch and Public Works channels (for DOT snow plows). Not editable (can individually turn each service type on/off from front panel). Targeted to trucker market, but I'm sure there will be some overlap into the scanner enthusiast.

Couple of months away and O/M is still being written. I'll probably have a working unit with me at MATS show next week in Louisville, KY.

DJ11DLN

GPS included!!! Never got that on my TOP of the LINE scanner
Being as it is targeted towards long-haul truckers, that would make sense as a standard feature. Some of us scanner junkies travel a lot, but most of us are homebodies...GPS would be an additional cost that many wouldn't want to pay for a feature they would only use occasionally.

Not taking sides here, I just see how Uniden is reasoning this one out...I think.

I still want one...

movinon

Premium Subscriber
Wow.....i want one.
Yes for that price it should have ssb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I like the integrated GPS. Hopefully this feature makes its way to the scanner models as the current GPS solution is an unappealing nest of wires and bulky connectors.

Disappointed to see that the Public Safety database is not editable, but that may be an acceptable compromise. Wouldn't apply to me, though, as I couldn't mount such a radio in my current vehicle.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
IMO a read-only freq database is a bad idea. Too many ongoing changes for a static DB to be useful for very long.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
IMO a read-only freq database is a bad idea. Too many ongoing changes for a static DB to be useful for very long.
In UPMan's original description, it does say that weekly database updates would be provided, so that would be equivalent with the updates for the HP series scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.