Programming Issues For Champaign Il

Status
Not open for further replies.

markowen1999

Premium Subscriber
I just recently bought a BCD996t scanner and cable for the scanner hooked it up that part worked great, Downloaded freescan and bought a membership to Radio Reference and downloaded the file for Champaign METCAD system uploaded it to the scanner it shows on the scanner that its there but recive absoulty nothing I have realoaded it under every type of system that freescan show on the system page and every time it shows that its there but still recive absoulty nothing. What kind of setting could I be missing ? This is becoming very frustrating and running out of ideas . Hope someone out there can give me some kind of insite to this issue.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
I looked at the system and it looks like some of the T/G's are encrypted so that might be the issue you are having

markowen1999

Premium Subscriber
Humm.... Ok I can see where the encrypted ones would be an issue of not being heard , but would that effect all of the ones in the group that are unencrypted ? also on freescan what type of system should it be set up under because sofar I've batted zero with any.

Thanks

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Well it should be p25 digital if I am correct. I am not in from of my pc but I can look when I get home and let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
It should be set up the same as a starcom site set it up as a p25 system load your control channels and talkgroups and let it scan. It could be a LSM issue you a couple of generations behind the current release of uniden scanners and I know the original 996T had issues with simulcast. Try setting the P25 thresh hold manually I believe this was a feature of the 996Ts last firmware update. Your firmware should be 3.xx.xx

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Be sure to change type system to P-25 STD in freescan.I have this issue every time importing a P-25 system .I have to change to P-25 STD.

Status
Not open for further replies.