bcd536 siren app for android

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwhitee

Did they ever work out all the issues with the BCD536 such as using it with the siren app? ...for android.

mrwhitee

That doesnt answer the question. Is it working properly for the most part or have a million issues?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
That doesnt answer the question. Is it working properly for the most part or have a million issues?

It never had a million issues.
It's worked fine for me with multiple 536 models since it was released.

It does seem kind of plain or simple though.

mrwhitee

lol...I never said it had a million issues. Just wondering if its working as it should. It has some very bad reviews on it but they were from 2016 so I dont know if all that was fixed since most people dont update their reviews.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
What... dude, he quoted you saying "Is it working properly for the most part or have a million issues?".

It's worked fine for me ever since it was released. I admit I don't use the app much because I'm most often in the same room as the scanner and can just reach over to turn the knobs/push buttons, and I'd rather not tie up my phone as a second display for the scanner.

As for online reviews, you should trust generally 0% of them, especially on the x36 line of scanners and accessories.

mrwhitee

I guess you cant read very well. I asked if it had a million issues. I did not say it had a million issues...dude.
Its all good though, So far two people say its fine but I'd like to hear from a few more users. preferably someone that uses it a lot and knows all its pros and cons or bugs whether big or small. Also, wondering can you set it to a static ip address as I have a block of them and would prefer to do that if possible.

Ubbe

If you set the scanner to access point mode it will always do that with 192.168.1.1
If you set it to infrastructure mode it will use DHCP to get an ip number and that depends of how you set up your router, if you only allow one ip from the pool or lock the MAC address of the scanner to a certain ip number, if your router can do that.

/Ubbe

garys

Premium Subscriber
I think it's more that you don't type very well.

I guess you cant read very well. I asked if it had a million issues. I did not say it had a million issues...dude.
Its all good though, So far two people say its fine but I'd like to hear from a few more users. preferably someone that uses it a lot and knows all its pros and cons or bugs whether big or small. Also, wondering can you set it to a static ip address as I have a block of them and would prefer to do that if possible.

mrwhitee

Yes, my router can do that but I think I decided to stick with my 436 for now. Thanks for the help.

If you set the scanner to access point mode it will always do that with 192.168.1.1
If you set it to infrastructure mode it will use DHCP to get an ip number and that depends of how you set up your router, if you only allow one ip from the pool or lock the MAC address of the scanner to a certain ip number, if your router can do that.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.