Is there a serial number range on the BCD436HP repair campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwilson706

Premium Subscriber
Just sold my BCD396XT and ordered a BCD436HP the same day. It should arrive today and was wondering how likely will it be that my new scanner will be affected with the Dim/Clock issue? Does anyone know if there's a confirmed serial number range? Thanks!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just sold my BCD396XT and ordered a BCD436HP the same day. It should arrive today and was wondering how likely will it be that my new scanner will be affected with the Dim/Clock issue? Does anyone know if there's a confirmed serial number range? Thanks!
See this post.

If you are buying a brand new scanner, from a normal dealer, as opposed to buying a previously used unit, or on eBay, you're most likely to get a scanner manufactured late 2016 or sometime this year. Those units would already have the display and rtc elements that are being installed in the repair program. So, it's not likely that you'll have the dim display or clock issue. The newer units also have a modified circuit board with a capacitor added that reduces the interference noted in this long running thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.