BCD325p2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris516

How do you like it? I have been thinking about getting one.

I don't physically have it yet. It will be a lot better than my BC75XLT. Because of the many trunked systems in the region.

Also, I will be able to organize the frequencies better. The software available for the BCD325p2 allows for having systems, sites, and groups. The software for the BC75XLT just bunches the frequencies up. The only organization is in ten banks of thirty frequencies each. The BCD325p2 can have up to 25,000 frequencies.

The screen has better illumination in the dark, than the BCD436HP. Because of the orange background on the screen's display.

Last edited:

N9JIG

Sheriff
While similar in appearance the 325 and the 75 are entirely different radios inside. The 75 is a basic banks and channels scanner while the 325 has the newer Systems/Groups/Channels Dynamic Memory system.

The 325 evolved from the 396XT and uses the same software as the XT series does (ARC-XT and others).

I love my 325 and it is the radio of choice when I don't need the ZIP Code feature.

NYRHKY94

The BCD325P2 does a great job on P25 audio and I really like the larger screen and LCD color compared to my 436HP. In addition, the small form factor makes it easy to mount in the car and take with you as needed. It would be even better with a lighted keypad and longer battery life, but I knew that going in. It's a very nice phase 2 scanner.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Yes, a little more audio but you can pump that up in the menu....And a little more "batt" time but one must carry spares,,,, Its very clear and decodes perfect here on the IL-Starcom 700-800 Trunk Digital system with no adjustments....

stormy182

Premium Subscriber
I just recieved my BCD325P2 on Monday and I love it. It decodes WISCOM and our counties local P25 Conventional System Great.

Chris516

While similar in appearance the 325 and the 75 are entirely different radios inside. The 75 is a basic banks and channels scanner while the 325 has the newer Systems/Groups/Channels Dynamic Memory system.

The 325 evolved from the 396XT and uses the same software as the XT series does (ARC-XT and others).

I love my 325 and it is the radio of choice when I don't need the ZIP Code feature.
Yes, I know. While they are similar in appearance. They are vastly different inside. I also know that the 325p2 is an evolution from the 396XT.

I am getting the 325p2 for both those reasons.

Because I like the visual display of the 75XLT. Which is what attracted me to the 325p2. Instead of the 436HP.

Just that I wanted the increased capability, without having to dish out the $ for the 436HP.
The BCD325P2 does a great job on P25 audio and I really like the larger screen and LCD color compared to my 436HP. In addition, the small form factor makes it easy to mount in the car and take with you as needed. It would be even better with a lighted keypad and longer battery life, but I knew that going in. It's a very nice phase 2 scanner.
Yes, The larger screen is another factor that drew me to the 325p2.

Last edited:

daddyjohn

What kind of battery life are you guys getting? I considered getting one of these but the battery life concerns me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
What kind of battery life are you guys getting? I considered getting one of these but the battery life concerns me.

Using the Eneloop Pro batteries, I'm getting 4 to 5 hours on a set. But I'm in a dense metro area, with a lot of radio traffic. If I take the same scanner, with the same batteries, on my periodic visit with friends out in a much quieter rural area, the batters ill last about double that. I have multiple sets of batteries for my various scanners, and several external chargers to ket extra sets ready for use. For a longer run time, if you are going to be somewhere that an external power source (AC or DC) is not available, you can use one of the power banks that are sold for charging smart phones and tablets.

Chris516

Battery life was a concern w/ my BC75XLT. I don't anticipate that yet. As I am still programming it. The reception is definitely better w/ the 325p2, and the portable airband antennae.

SOFA_KING

Enloop Pro batteries aren’t the best. Everyone keeps recommending them, that and that Maha charger too, but they only get 5 hours out of the 325P2. I always get 9 hours out of my 325P2. Even on the busiest days, just shy of 9 hours. No sweat!

Here’s a thought...If you want different results, try something different. But this 5 hour thing I keep reading here is hogwash.

Phil

K2RNI

Plus it's not a deaf piece of junk like the 436HPoo

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I sure would like to know the trick in getting "9" hours out of the 325P2, I have used Energizer 2600mah and two other brand rechargeables and its 5 hours, even the best "Alkalines are 5 hour , so whats the secret of 9.....

N9JIG

Sheriff
I sure would like to know the trick in getting "9" hours out of the 325P2, I have used Energizer 2600mah and two other brand rechargeables and its 5 hours, even the best "Alkalines are 5 hour , so whats the secret of 9.....

The biggest battery drains are the speaker and the dial light. Use ear buds and keep the volume as low as possible. Turn off the dial light altogether. This will often double battery life right there.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Plus it's not a deaf piece of junk like the 436HPoo

Your harping on something you clearly are unfamiliar with is getting annoying. I have tested dozens of 436 scanners and they are most definitely not deaf. Maybe you fried yours by keying up a radio next to it, or discharging static into the antenna. Normal performance for a 436 is pretty much the opposite of deaf.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Annoying or not K2RNI is pretty much on the money in his assessment of the 436. It's pretty freaking deaf....not totally unusable, but deaf nevetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.