HP-2: How & where to purchase HP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbsar

Premium Subscriber
I intend to buy a Home Patrol 2, and want the extreme upgrade. Checking several sites for purchase. If the site doesn’t list the extreme upgrade as an option, can I purchase this somewhere on the web ? I’m assuming it’s just a download that gives the included software more functionality. I also want an a/c wall wart and understand most any cellphone chargers will work ? Any advice?

Thanks

phask

Premium Subscriber
You buy the extreme direct from Uniden. You get a key that you enter to unlock.

Amazon is as good as any. Could drive to Columbus, Universal Radio.

Or any of the main online dealers.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
You buy the extreme direct from Uniden. You get a key that you enter to unlock.

Amazon is as good as any. Could drive to Columbus, Universal Radio.

Or any of the main online dealers.

Universal Radio Has Moved

Universal Radio has moved its operations to a more efficient location here in
the Columbus, Ohio area where we can continue to serve our loyal customers.
This will be the fourth location change since Universal was founded in 1942.
We look forward to many more years of serving the amateur and short wave
communities which Universal Radio has done for 75 years.
The new location (below) is a 30-minute drive from the old Americana location.

Universal Radio Inc.
651-B Lakeview Plaza Blvd.
Worthington, OH 43085

universal_lakeview_large.jpg

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I intend to buy a Home Patrol 2, and want the extreme upgrade. Checking several sites for purchase. If the site doesn’t list the extreme upgrade as an option, can I purchase this somewhere on the web ? I’m assuming it’s just a download that gives the included software more functionality. I also want an a/c wall wart and understand most any cellphone chargers will work ? Any advice?

Thanks
As phask noted, if you want the Extreme Upgrade, you can get it direct from Uniden. Where an online dealer offers it as an option, there is an added fee included for them to do it (they must purchase it from Uniden then upgrade the scanner before shipping). Direct from Uniden, $49.99. Purchased from one online dealer, as an option when buying the scanner, it's $59.99.

As far as the a/c 'wall wart', you need a 'smart' adapter that identifies itself to the scanner, and also one that has an output capability of 1.0 amps or more. It takes about 500ma, standard USB power level, like from a PC to operate the scanner. If you also want the option to be able to charge the batteries as well as operate the radio, you need a one amp or better adapter, that the scanner can recognize. I'd suggest some of the Anker or Aukey models sold on Amazon. I've also had good luck with the Amazon Basic adapters. You can also get a 12VDC adapter, to power the scanner in your vehicle.

You'll get the best battery performance with an external 'smart' battery charger, but having the capability to also charge the batteries in the scanner gives you an option when your smart charger is not available.

JamesO

Just a heads up on USB cigarette lighter adapters, I have had a NUMBER of these that much have been some sort of switching power supplies because I had a TON of broadband white noise, usually in the lower frequency range, that wiped out the receive on some services.

Easy to test by plugging and unplugging while stopped on active channels.

trp2525

I intend to buy a Home Patrol 2...Checking several sites for purchase...Any advice?

Here are some reputable dealers that sell the HomePatrol-2:

Bearcat Warehouse $443.95 plus $13.99 economy shipping: http://www.bearcatwarehouse.com/scanners/homepatrol-2-touch-screen-digital-scanner

Zip Scanners $449.99 with FREE shipping included: https://www.zipscanners.com/uniden-homepatrol-2-base-mobile-digital-police-scanner-radio.html

Ham Radio Outlet $464.95 with FREE shipping included: https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-013840

Scanner Master $469.95 plus shipping based on your zip code: Police Radio, Uniden HomePatrol-2 Police Scanner, Policescanner Radios | Scanner Master

Universal Radio $479.95 plus $9.95 flat rate shipping: https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/scanners/6420.html

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Check out Amazon Warehouse Deals (an option if you look at alternate sellers in Amazon. Open box units in like-new condition for a significant discount over new price. And you still get Amazon's return, refund, exchange, and shipping policies.

HomePatrol2 is currently available for $353.60.

Status
Not open for further replies.