Looking for scanner with count feature built-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

radicalbill

I know the BC 2500 XLT had this feature but is there a list of what scanners have the count feature CNT button on the radio so you can quickly see how many hits each channel has without having to hook it up to a computer and log the data with software?

Thanks

Bill

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Depending on your scanner, you can use the ProScan software. It has a hit counter.

The new Uniden Scanners also have a hit counter when set to Analyze mode (BCD436HP/536HP)

I know some of the old GRE scanners have a hit counter as well. But you have to go into the menu to see it..

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You need to connect the scanner to a computer. Except for special analysis modes, newer scanners don't do that. Mainly because you can do so much more with the data using a computer.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I had a Bearcat 250 tabletop from the 1980's that had a counter. Was pretty cool if you were trying to test new freqs or check on ones you were not sure about. I would set the scanner up in the morning and come home at night and check the count. Was a very basic set up but it worked. I think it counted up to 100, not sure.

radicalbill

I used to have a BC2500XLT

The 2500 had the count feature, and a button for it, which was nice.

It is nice to not have to hook up to a computer to log everything.

I just bought a 3000xlt off Ebay, which does not have the feature, even though it looks identical to the 2500, and came out around the same time.

Not sure what the differences are.

These older 800 and 900 mhz analog scanners are really handy.

I hope to get one set up to do ATCS when the railroad upgrades its control points to over the air ATCS

I can see the signal, just barely, from Reading, which is about 30 miles away. Not enough to get a usable signal, but when they do Emmaus I am hoping I will be able to get at least the BCP signal.

The terrain is really tough here. All hills and valleys. Just like NY state.

It may actually be more hilly here in PA.

Makes receiving signals real tough.

Thanks

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.