HP-2 vs 536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansky

I have been using the HP-2 for a while now but I have so many LSM issues on phase 2 systems that it is basically useless for me to have this scanner. Has anyone done a side by side comparison and do you know if the 536 handles LSM better? How about the 996P2? Otherwise I think I may just cash out and sell my HP-2 since most of what I listen to is analog anyway. I can purchase a cheap 15x or something similar.

marksmith

I have been using the HP-2 for a while now but I have so many LSM issues on phase 2 systems that it is basically useless for me to have this scanner. Has anyone done a side by side comparison and do you know if the 536 handles LSM better? How about the 996P2? Otherwise I think I may just cash out and sell my HP-2 since most of what I listen to is analog anyway. I can purchase a cheap 15x or something similar.
The 536 will do slightly better than the hp2 but is not a significant improvement with LSM problems. How well it does is very subject to location and antenna used, but it is not what I would call a "solution" for LSM distortion.

As I understand, the only LSM solution out there, and for phase 1 P25 only, is a Unication pager used as a scanner. Cost is slightly higher than a 536.

No scanner currently made handles LSM.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Status
Not open for further replies.