SDS 100 Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmich52

Decided to start a thread just 4 the pricing & company etc.

Got a Email from bearcat warehouse today Saying they have a limited amount of them available 2day

$699.00 list price, They r offering it 4 $649.00 & free shipping/Tax, Add more $$$$ if u want pro voice/DMR ETC

I like bearcat warehouse, They have done me well with my SD cards programmed 4 my 436/Home patrol 2

That being said

IMHO

I'm gonna wait it out 4 awhile

Simply put

Why buy a radio @ the price given 2 start??

The prices Will swing in many directions & the big bugaboo to me IZ

U know they r gonna update the battery in due time, They have said as much, With the initial workaround 4 it saying u register it to have the the new battery etc sent 2 u when they have it

2 much of a PITA IMHO

Wait it out when the ship them with the better battery in it ETC

Just my opinion

ansky

I get 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases, and free Prime shipping, so I will wait for them to begin selling it. I also don't want to deal with all the "early adopter" nonsense. I will let everyone else do the testing for me.

trp2525

I just researched the current prices, shipping charges and cost of the ProVoice/DMR/NXDN upgrades for the new Uniden SDS100 from the major scanner retailers. For those who might be interested here is the information I compiled:

Universal Radio (https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/scanners/6100.html): $649.99 plus $14.95 shipping
There is no mention of being able to purchase the ProVoice/DMR/NXDN upgrades at time of scanner purchase.

Scanner Master (Uniden Bearcat SDS100 Police Scanner | ScannerMaster.com): $649.99 with FREE ground shipping if you order before June 2nd and use coupon code SummerFun
ProVoice/DMR/NXDN upgrades are $75.00 each at time of scanner purchase.

Zip Scanners (https://www.zipscanners.com/uniden-sds100-police-scanner.html): $649.99 with FREE shipping included
ProVoice/DMR/NXDN upgrades are $99.99 each at time of scanner purchase.

Bearcat Warehouse (https://www.bearcatwarehouse.com/scanners/uniden-sds100-digital-police-scanner): $649.99 plus shipping charges based on your zip code (for example $20.89 for ground shipping to my zip code in Massachusetts)
ProVoice/DMR/NXDN upgrades are $75.00 each at time of scanner purchase.

The Ham Station (SDS100 Uniden Bearcat SDS100 Shipping JUNE SDS 100 [] - $649.99 : The Hamstation!, Your one stop on-line source for amateur radio fun. $649.99 with FREE UPS ground shipping for a "limited time"
There is no mention of being able to purchase the ProVoice/DMR/NXDN upgrades at time of scanner purchase.

If you want the lowest price on the ProVoice/DMR/NXDN upgrades you should purchase them directly from Uniden after you receive your scanner and install them yourself.

I don't know about anyone else but I find it interesting that all 5 of these scanner dealers are all selling the SDS100 for the SAME EXACT PRICE of $649.99.

trp2525

...Got a Email from bearcat warehouse today Saying they have a limited amount of them available 2day

$699.00 list price, They r offering it 4 $649.00 & free shipping/Tax...

Please post the "Promo code" that you received for FREE shipping of the SDS100 at Bearcat Warehouse as it is not posted on their website.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I reserved mine at HRO Anaheim 10 days ago. Have not been this excited about a new scanner this much since the 436HP/536HP. Price at HRO they quoted me was also $649. I already placed order, then Jeff from Ham Station contacted me. I thought they were long gone. Anyway, HRO only 5 miles from me, so just waiting for the call to pick up.

bobmich52

I get 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases, and free Prime shipping, so I will wait for them to begin selling it. I also don't want to deal with all the "early adopter" nonsense. I will let everyone else do the testing for me.

Nothing yet on Amazon I just checked, But I did send them a Email requesting the sell date

Much agree on the early adopter nonsense

Gonna wait it out & start saving my pennys & just maybe ill buy myself a xmas present

TRP 2525

I believe that you can get the promo code 4 bearcat warehouse when you order it, They do have instant message & they will lurk in the background & a screen will pop up asking u if u need help with something

If all else fails give them a call

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you want the lowest price on the ProVoice/DMR/NXDN upgrades you should purchase them directly from Uniden after you receive your scanner and install them yourself.

Especially if one or more upgrades aren't actually available, and you pay a $15-40 premium and still have to enter the key code yourself. That's basically lighting money on fire, and than holding it in your hand until it burns your fingers.

I don't know about anyone else but I find it interesting that all 5 of these scanner dealers are all selling the SDS100 for the SAME EXACT PRICE of $649.99.

Minimum Advertised Price.

trp2525

...Got a Email from bearcat warehouse today Saying they have a limited amount of them available 2day

$699.00 list price, They r offering it 4 $649.00 & free shipping/Tax...

...I believe that you can get the promo code 4 bearcat warehouse when you order it, They do have instant message & they will lurk in the background & a screen will pop up asking u if u need help with something

If all else fails give them a call

I'm not sure what you received in your referenced email yesterday regarding FREE shipping of the SDS100 from Bearcat Warehouse, but I just received today (05-31-2018) the following email response from Bearcat Warehouse regarding an inquiry I had made earlier today:

"Hello Xxxxxx, We aren't currently offering any free shipping promos on the SDS100 at this time."

klinquist

Premium Subscriber
I got a call from Bearcat Warehouse this morning to "confirm my shipping address" (?) and so they could inform me that they were originally expecting their shipment of SDSs to come this Friday (tomorrow) but that has been delayed until Tuesday.

ansky

Just curious, does anyone remember how long it took for Amazon to begin selling the 436 after it's initial release? Days, weeks, months?

mancow

Database Admin
I got a call from Bearcat Warehouse this morning to "confirm my shipping address" (?) and so they could inform me that they were originally expecting their shipment of SDSs to come this Friday (tomorrow) but that has been delayed until Tuesday.

Me too. :(

bobmich52

Got the scanner master email today

$649.00

�� @ the pricing among all of the distributors����

Now that’s real COLLUSION ������

ansky

Got the scanner master email today

$649.00

�� @ the pricing among all of the distributors����

Now that’s real COLLUSION ������

If you want collusion, what they should have done was put the scanner up for sale for much higher than $649. There are a lot of people on here that I'm sure are willing to pay just about anything to get their hands on one of these.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Just curious, does anyone remember how long it took for Amazon to begin selling the 436 after it's initial release? Days, weeks, months?

We have no plans to sell this direct to Amazon. 3rd party resellers might eventually show up.

steelcty

Ordered from Zipscanners last night, just got the alert from my CC that it was charged and was wondering if they charge at the time the order is placed or do they charge when it ships. I have not ordered from them before so I'm not sure how they do it. Can't help but get my hopes up lol.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
So much for getting one any time soon

We have no plans to sell this direct to Amazon. 3rd party resellers might eventually show up.

May I ask why? That's bad news, at least for me, since I've been saving up my "points" to put towards buying one, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Amazon destroys small specialty retailers such as those who sell and actually support scanners. Our intent is to support those specialty retailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.