South New Jersey SDS100 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfd461

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody own an SDS100 in the Burlington-Camden County area? If so how are receiving Philadelphia,Camden County systems? I live in Delran and receive Burlington no problem on my HP2, but Philadelphia is a hit or miss. Camden almost impossible just wondering how the SDS handles these systems

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I have the SDS100 and live in Berlin Camden County. In my immediate area I havent been overly impressed with performance with missed transmissions (staying on transmission frequency long after transmission ends, its inability to "find" control channels on some EDACS and Moto Type 2 systems, and choppiness on P25 especially Camden County. Outside of my home listening area there are some spots the scanner does quite well.
Camden County is about the easiest P25 system to pick up in our immediate area. I think that if youre not picking it up with other scanners that there is a chance youll hear it with the SDS100. Despite all my above complaints there are several distant systems the SDS100 picked up that no other scanner could. From within County reception on Burlington County will be ok but you may miss some transmissions (this may just be a firmware thing). I do think you'll see improvement on Philly as I certainly have.
The caveat to everything I just said (except for UHF Burlington County) is if you live within a couple hundred yards to a cell tower. That may greatly interfere with 700/800mhz reception. Although the SDS100 seems greatly improved in this area.
If you would like to meet up some time and see my SDS100 in action give me a pm. I'm frequently in the area.

pfd461

Premium Subscriber
Thank you policefreak for your response. I am thinking of purchasing the SDS and I may take you up on seeing this scanner in action.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Yes I pick up Philly quite well from 18 miles out with a yagi antenna pointed towards Philly airport. It's an improvement over the 436/536. Audio is still choppy but that maybe a firmware issue. Last week I was right on the river in West Deptford and it was still slightly choppy. Now if only on P25 with 3 bars and RSSI values -100db to -105db I could turn squelch up past 2 and still hear all the traffic!

Status
Not open for further replies.