SDS100/SDS200: Tone Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthewserta

Premium Subscriber
I just ordered my SDS100 tonight from Bearcat Warehouse. Can’t wait for it to arrive, but I had a question for current owners.
I’ve never used a Tone Out feature on a scanner before. I know all my tones and programming codes but my question is will the tone out work under normal scanning or only while on the tone out standby screen?
And if not, is there anyway to make it work while normal scanning?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I just ordered my SDS100 tonight from Bearcat Warehouse. Can’t wait for it to arrive, but I had a question for current owners.
I’ve never used a Tone Out feature on a scanner before. I know all my tones and programming codes but my question is will the tone out work under normal scanning or only while on the tone out standby screen?
And if not, is there anyway to make it work while normal scanning?

Only way fire tone works in stand by mode. It can't scan and do fto sometime. if you know the tone a/b and freq it will scan the freqs you put in for example if you put 5 freqs in it will scam all 5 freqs. I have a video on fto programming on YouTube just click the link on my signature look for scanners than look for fto

mule1075

Feed Provider
Only way fire tone works in stand by mode. It can't scan and do fto sometime. if you know the tone a/b and freq it will scan the freqs you put in for example if you put 5 freqs in it will scam all 5 freqs. I have a video on fto programming on YouTube just click the link on my signature look for scanners than look for fto
Toneouts do not work on different frequencies. Different tone sets yes different frequencies no.

djewel6

Let me clear up Mule's comment a little.. What FTO will do is it can monitor for multiple tone sets broadcast on a single frequency.. However it wont monitor tone sets from another frequency.. To Clarify say you have 10 slots.. You could monitor 5 sets of tones on say 156.135 (giving an example from Southern VA) and then you could program 5 tone sets from another jurisdiction.. It can monitor one block of tones or the other but not both at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.