HP-2: Uniden Homepatrol-II list vs zipcodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

usnasa

Hello all I am looking to buy the hp2 and i have a quick question i know it uses the zip codes to find frequencies but my question is why does it come with the software with the frequencies in it do you write the list into the home patrol or does it just find whatever u want just by Zip codes can somebody please explain this to me

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
The Sentinel software allows you to download and update the frequency database from time to time so that it remains current. The software is also used to apply firmware updates to the HP2. Once you get more comfortable using Sentinel, the software allows you to create custom frequency lists (Favorites) for certain areas or types of monitoring. These "Favorites" can then be loaded into the HP2.

bdp278

Feed Provider
Before u purchase a home patrol u may want to investigate if any systems in your area use multi sites, which is called simulcast sites. If so u may want to consider the SDS100 it uses the same zip code lookup as the HP, but receives these simulcast sites much better than the Home Patrol units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usnasa

I am in NYC Brooklyn , Thank you sir for the help everyone thanks just quick question if i load the radio with an updated list then im listening to whatever i put in the radio so then we dont use the zip code correct ?

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I am in NYC Brooklyn , Thank you sir for the help everyone thanks just quick question if i load the radio with an updated list then im listening to whatever i put in the radio so then we dont use the zip code correct ?
You will need to use your zip code (location control) when monitoring the database, otherwise the scanner will not know what to scan. If you program 'favorite lists' you don't need to use the zip code feature unless you want to.

Below is a link to a video made by UpMan from Uniden describing how to make favorite lists from the information in the database.

https://youtu.be/MOo9iJ8RYWM

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
You will need to use your zip code (location control) when monitoring the database, otherwise the scanner will not know what to scan. If you program 'favorite lists' you don't need to use the zip code feature unless you want to.

Below is a link to a video made by UpMan from Uniden describing how to make favorite lists from the information in the database.

https://youtu.be/MOo9iJ8RYWM
LOL wrong link man! But my grammar is better and now and I have an idea of how to make my reports more interesting [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

usnasa

homepatrol 2 Quick question can I listen to both the main data base and my Favorites list as it scans ?

Status
Not open for further replies.