436HP Availability on Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs16

Premium Subscriber
It seems the 436 is not currently available from Amazon. I had it in a wishlist there and yesterday the link went dead, with a message that the item is not available. There are a couple separate listings for the 436 with an AC cube or carrying case from other parties. Any idea why Amazon is not listing it anymore?

Tramagod

It seems the 436 is not currently available from Amazon. I had it in a wishlist there and yesterday the link went dead, with a message that the item is not available. There are a couple separate listings for the 436 with an AC cube or carrying case from other parties. Any idea why Amazon is not listing it anymore?

A lot of sales on Amazon are individual vendors just like EBay. There just may not be any available at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rs16

Premium Subscriber
It just seems odd because the actual Amazon listing has disappeared.

Tramagod

It just seems odd because the actual Amazon listing has disappeared.

They’re not going to list something that’s not available, either through their own inventory or by independent vendors.

trp2525

It seems the 436 is not currently available from Amazon...Any idea why Amazon is not listing it anymore?

The BCD436HP is currently available from Amazon but not "sold and shipped by Amazon." The lowest price for the BCD436HP scanner on Amazon right now is $469.99 with FREE shipping included and that is from Police Scanner Outlet (which is actually Bearcat Warehouse selling on Amazon). Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B076D62QFJ

IMHO a better deal for a brand-new BCD436HP can be found on eBay right now for $419.95 with FREE shipping included from eBay seller pricebreak-deals. The seller says that they are an "Authorized Uniden Dealer" and they have sold 169 of the BCD436HP scanners thus far. They have a total of 128,934 total sales with a 99% positive feedback ("Top Rated Plus") and they offer FREE 30-day returns. Here's the direct link if you want to see it yourself and/or want to purchase one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uniden-Bearcat-BCD436HP-HomePatrol-Digital-Handheld-Scanner/191710429316

rs16

Premium Subscriber
The BCD436HP is currently available from Amazon but not "sold and shipped by Amazon." The lowest price for the BCD436HP scanner on Amazon right now is $469.99 with FREE shipping included and that is from Police Scanner Outlet (which is actually Bearcat Warehouse selling on Amazon). Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B076D62QFJ

IMHO a better deal for a brand-new BCD436HP can be found on eBay right now for $419.95 with FREE shipping included from eBay seller pricebreak-deals. The seller says that they are an "Authorized Uniden Dealer" and they have sold 169 of the BCD436HP scanners thus far. They have a total of 128,934 total sales with a 99% positive feedback ("Top Rated Plus") and they offer FREE 30-day returns. Here's the direct link if you want to see it yourself and/or want to purchase one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uniden-Bearcat-BCD436HP-HomePatrol-Digital-Handheld-Scanner/191710429316

Yes that is a good deal on ebay. I saw those 2 that iMonitor posted listed on Amazon with the accessories . My curiosity was more about whether Amazon themselves would show them at some point. Usually, when an item is out of stock that Amazon sells themselves, they'll have something that says "temporarily out of stock--more on the way"

trp2525

Ubbe

The quality control of that webpage are terrible!

One BCD436 costs $419.95 and two costs $849.95 which is $424.98 each.

The BCD536 haven't got any info that it can handle DMR. They have never updated the info when DMR where included in the firmware 2 years ago.

The only differerence in the text between Homepatrol-1 and Homepatrol-2 are that the 1 has S.A.M.E. weather/emergency alert and the 2 has N.O.A.A. weather alert and a complete US&Canada database.

Why do Uniden only have 90 day warranty on refurb units? Don't they trust their own repairs?

/Ubbe

Tramagod

The BCD536 haven't got any info that it can handle DMR. They have never updated the info when DMR where included in the firmware 2 years ago.

The only differerence in the text between Homepatrol-1 and Homepatrol-2 are that the 1 has S.A.M.E. weather/emergency alert and the 2 has N.O.A.A. weather alert and a complete US&Canada database.

Why do Uniden only have 90 day warranty on refurb units? Don't they trust their own repairs?

/Ubbe

Most electronics brand new only have a 90 day warranty, 90 days for a refurb is pretty impressive as far as I’m concerned.

phask

Premium Subscriber
That site has no connection to Uniden, no idea if Uniden or that supplier (or 3rd party) does the warranty on refurbs.Nor do I care :)

They have numerous web pages for other brands/items with similar web names.

/Ubbe

trp2525

...no idea if Uniden or that supplier (or 3rd party) does the warranty on refurbs...

The FactoryOutletStore.com website says that it was "Manufacturer Refurbished" which means it was refurbished by Uniden. Uniden gives a 90-day Uniden factory warranty on scanners that it refurbs (as opposed to a 1-year Uniden factory warranty on brand-new units). You would send it to Uniden warranty repair during those 90 days just like you would do with a brand-new unit that was under factory warranty.

I previously purchased a Uniden refurbished scanner that came with a 90-day Uniden factory warranty. The scanner was in brand-new, pristine condition and you would have never known it was a Uniden refurb if it didn't have the "Factory Serviced" sticker on the battery cover.

Ubbe

The difference between repair and refurb are that you also change the look of the product by replacing the outher shell and display glass to make it look like new. As soon as the product are opened and someone makes measurements, and perhaps also exchange some components or boards, it will be much more prone to fail again. That's probably the reason for the reduced warranty period.

/Ubbe

GotJeep

I noticed the same thing. I had one on my wish list to keep an eye on the price fluctuations. All of a sudden “ item no longer available” It is strange. Usually if an item I’m watching goes out of stock with 1 vendor, it just puts the next vendor in line as the seller. I was looking at the $419 units that trp2525 mentioned. My only concern is if they are selling a pile of old stock. I’m looking for a 2017 or 2018 build. Trying to avoid some of the known issues. I emailed them to see if they could verify the serial number. I doubt they would do that. I’ll probably never hear back. I don’t think the serial number is on the outside of the box ?

rs16

Premium Subscriber
I noticed the same thing. I had one on my wish list to keep an eye on the price fluctuations. All of a sudden “ item no longer available” It is strange. Usually if an item I’m watching goes out of stock with 1 vendor, it just puts the next vendor in line as the seller. I was looking at the $419 units that trp2525 mentioned. My only concern is if they are selling a pile of old stock. I’m looking for a 2017 or 2018 build. Trying to avoid some of the known issues. I emailed them to see if they could verify the serial number. I doubt they would do that. I’ll probably never hear back. I don’t think the serial number is on the outside of the box ?

GotJeep, thank you for seeing what I'm posting. That's exactly the point of my original post. I had it on the wish list too. Exact same situation. The Amazon listing has disappeared. Those other vendors are separate listings as opposed to the normal situation that you describe where the next vendor line would move up. It's rather odd...as if Amazon themselves are no longer carrying them item.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The serial number is on a sticker on the outside of the box. But as you noted, the odds that someone would check the serial #s and email them to you are about the same as hitting PowerBall.

GotJeep

Update: This is what Pricebreak said
"Unfortunately, we will not be able to help you with the serial number of the item. We have items which are manufactured in 2017 and 2018. "

I left the scanner on my Amazon wish list even though it shows blank. Just curious to see if that particular listing ever comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.