RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Prospective Owners


Uniden Prospective Owners - A discussion area for those interested in purchasing specific models and have questions about them.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 6:26 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 85
Default 436HP Availability on Amazon?

It seems the 436 is not currently available from Amazon. I had it in a wishlist there and yesterday the link went dead, with a message that the item is not available. There are a couple separate listings for the 436 with an AC cube or carrying case from other parties. Any idea why Amazon is not listing it anymore?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 6:29 PM
Tramagod's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Killeen,Texas
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs16 View Post
It seems the 436 is not currently available from Amazon. I had it in a wishlist there and yesterday the link went dead, with a message that the item is not available. There are a couple separate listings for the 436 with an AC cube or carrying case from other parties. Any idea why Amazon is not listing it anymore?


A lot of sales on Amazon are individual vendors just like EBay. There just may not be any available at the time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 6:43 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 85
Default

It just seems odd because the actual Amazon listing has disappeared.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 6:45 PM
Tramagod's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Killeen,Texas
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs16 View Post
It just seems odd because the actual Amazon listing has disappeared.


Theyíre not going to list something thatís not available, either through their own inventory or by independent vendors.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 7:01 PM
iMONITOR's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MACOMB, MI.
Posts: 5,439
Default

https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-BCD436...ndheld+scanner

https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-HOMEPA...6hp+homepatrol
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 7:02 PM
Tramagod's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Killeen,Texas
Posts: 317
Default

So apparently they are available.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 7:55 PM
trp2525's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs16 View Post
It seems the 436 is not currently available from Amazon...Any idea why Amazon is not listing it anymore?
The BCD436HP is currently available from Amazon but not "sold and shipped by Amazon." The lowest price for the BCD436HP scanner on Amazon right now is $469.99 with FREE shipping included and that is from Police Scanner Outlet (which is actually Bearcat Warehouse selling on Amazon). Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B076D62QFJ

IMHO a better deal for a brand-new BCD436HP can be found on eBay right now for $419.95 with FREE shipping included from eBay seller pricebreak-deals. The seller says that they are an "Authorized Uniden Dealer" and they have sold 169 of the BCD436HP scanners thus far. They have a total of 128,934 total sales with a 99% positive feedback ("Top Rated Plus") and they offer FREE 30-day returns. Here's the direct link if you want to see it yourself and/or want to purchase one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uniden-Bear...r/191710429316
__________________
trp2525
RCA 16S400, Regency HX1500, PRO-2006, PRO-197, TRX-2, BC950XLT, BCD996XT, BCD396XT, SDS100, Motorola Minitor II, Antenna Specialists MON731
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 7:57 PM
Tramagod's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Killeen,Texas
Posts: 317
Default

Sounds like a winner to me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 10:20 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trp2525 View Post
The BCD436HP is currently available from Amazon but not "sold and shipped by Amazon." The lowest price for the BCD436HP scanner on Amazon right now is $469.99 with FREE shipping included and that is from Police Scanner Outlet (which is actually Bearcat Warehouse selling on Amazon). Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B076D62QFJ

IMHO a better deal for a brand-new BCD436HP can be found on eBay right now for $419.95 with FREE shipping included from eBay seller pricebreak-deals. The seller says that they are an "Authorized Uniden Dealer" and they have sold 169 of the BCD436HP scanners thus far. They have a total of 128,934 total sales with a 99% positive feedback ("Top Rated Plus") and they offer FREE 30-day returns. Here's the direct link if you want to see it yourself and/or want to purchase one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uniden-Bear...r/191710429316
Yes that is a good deal on ebay. I saw those 2 that iMonitor posted listed on Amazon with the accessories . My curiosity was more about whether Amazon themselves would show them at some point. Usually, when an item is out of stock that Amazon sells themselves, they'll have something that says "temporarily out of stock--more on the way"
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2018, 1:10 PM
trp2525's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs16 View Post
Yes that is a good deal on ebay...
If you want an even better deal today (11-11-2018) on the BCD436HP head over to the Factory Outlet Store where you can purchase it for $398.95 with FREE shipping. Use coupon code VETERAN5 at checkout to get the special price which is 5% off of their regular price of $419.95.

Direct link to the BCD436HP at the FactoryOutletStore.com: https://udn.factoryoutletstore.com/d...-bcd436hp.html
__________________
trp2525
RCA 16S400, Regency HX1500, PRO-2006, PRO-197, TRX-2, BC950XLT, BCD996XT, BCD396XT, SDS100, Motorola Minitor II, Antenna Specialists MON731
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2018, 4:45 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 2,036
Default

The quality control of that webpage are terrible!

One BCD436 costs $419.95 and two costs $849.95 which is $424.98 each.

The BCD536 haven't got any info that it can handle DMR. They have never updated the info when DMR where included in the firmware 2 years ago.

The only differerence in the text between Homepatrol-1 and Homepatrol-2 are that the 1 has S.A.M.E. weather/emergency alert and the 2 has N.O.A.A. weather alert and a complete US&Canada database.

Why do Uniden only have 90 day warranty on refurb units? Don't they trust their own repairs?

/Ubbe
__________________
TRX-2 BCD536 HP1 BCT15 BC246 BC346 BR330 UBC3500 Pro2006 Pro2042 Optocom OS545 Scout PCR1000 ICR2500 IC75 DX394 AR8200 IC-R2 IC-R10 UBC780 MD380 CS580 CS750 Pro96 Perseus ADCR25 AcecoSC1plus RTL-SDR
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2018, 5:23 PM
Tramagod's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Killeen,Texas
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubbe View Post
The quality control of that webpage are terrible!

One BCD436 costs $419.95 and two costs $849.95 which is $424.98 each.

The BCD536 haven't got any info that it can handle DMR. They have never updated the info when DMR where included in the firmware 2 years ago.

The only differerence in the text between Homepatrol-1 and Homepatrol-2 are that the 1 has S.A.M.E. weather/emergency alert and the 2 has N.O.A.A. weather alert and a complete US&Canada database.

Why do Uniden only have 90 day warranty on refurb units? Don't they trust their own repairs?

/Ubbe


Most electronics brand new only have a 90 day warranty, 90 days for a refurb is pretty impressive as far as Iím concerned.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2018, 6:21 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: KZZV - SE Ohio
Posts: 2,722
Default

That site has no connection to Uniden, no idea if Uniden or that supplier (or 3rd party) does the warranty on refurbs.Nor do I care



They have numerous web pages for other brands/items with similar web names.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubbe View Post
The quality control of that webpage are terrible!

One BCD436 costs $419.95 and two costs $849.95 which is $424.98 each.

The BCD536 haven't got any info that it can handle DMR. They have never updated the info when DMR where included in the firmware 2 years ago.

The only differerence in the text between Homepatrol-1 and Homepatrol-2 are that the 1 has S.A.M.E. weather/emergency alert and the 2 has N.O.A.A. weather alert and a complete US&Canada database.

Why do Uniden only have 90 day warranty on refurb units? Don't they trust their own repairs?

/Ubbe
__________________
SDS-100, BCD536,Hp2(e),HP-1(e)x2, BC780, BCD996t ,BCD996P2, BCD325P2, Pro 2005, 2006(x2), Pro34,VR500,AT803,R5000 and other RF capture devices

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2018, 6:58 PM
trp2525's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phask View Post
...no idea if Uniden or that supplier (or 3rd party) does the warranty on refurbs...
The FactoryOutletStore.com website says that it was "Manufacturer Refurbished" which means it was refurbished by Uniden. Uniden gives a 90-day Uniden factory warranty on scanners that it refurbs (as opposed to a 1-year Uniden factory warranty on brand-new units). You would send it to Uniden warranty repair during those 90 days just like you would do with a brand-new unit that was under factory warranty.

I previously purchased a Uniden refurbished scanner that came with a 90-day Uniden factory warranty. The scanner was in brand-new, pristine condition and you would have never known it was a Uniden refurb if it didn't have the "Factory Serviced" sticker on the battery cover.
__________________
trp2525
RCA 16S400, Regency HX1500, PRO-2006, PRO-197, TRX-2, BC950XLT, BCD996XT, BCD396XT, SDS100, Motorola Minitor II, Antenna Specialists MON731
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2018, 9:05 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 2,036
Default

The difference between repair and refurb are that you also change the look of the product by replacing the outher shell and display glass to make it look like new. As soon as the product are opened and someone makes measurements, and perhaps also exchange some components or boards, it will be much more prone to fail again. That's probably the reason for the reduced warranty period.

/Ubbe
__________________
TRX-2 BCD536 HP1 BCT15 BC246 BC346 BR330 UBC3500 Pro2006 Pro2042 Optocom OS545 Scout PCR1000 ICR2500 IC75 DX394 AR8200 IC-R2 IC-R10 UBC780 MD380 CS580 CS750 Pro96 Perseus ADCR25 AcecoSC1plus RTL-SDR
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2018, 1:29 PM
GotJeep's Avatar    
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2
Default

I noticed the same thing. I had one on my wish list to keep an eye on the price fluctuations. All of a sudden ď item no longer availableĒ It is strange. Usually if an item Iím watching goes out of stock with 1 vendor, it just puts the next vendor in line as the seller. I was looking at the $419 units that trp2525 mentioned. My only concern is if they are selling a pile of old stock. Iím looking for a 2017 or 2018 build. Trying to avoid some of the known issues. I emailed them to see if they could verify the serial number. I doubt they would do that. Iíll probably never hear back. I donít think the serial number is on the outside of the box ?
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2018, 7:49 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotJeep View Post
I noticed the same thing. I had one on my wish list to keep an eye on the price fluctuations. All of a sudden ď item no longer availableĒ It is strange. Usually if an item Iím watching goes out of stock with 1 vendor, it just puts the next vendor in line as the seller. I was looking at the $419 units that trp2525 mentioned. My only concern is if they are selling a pile of old stock. Iím looking for a 2017 or 2018 build. Trying to avoid some of the known issues. I emailed them to see if they could verify the serial number. I doubt they would do that. Iíll probably never hear back. I donít think the serial number is on the outside of the box ?
GotJeep, thank you for seeing what I'm posting. That's exactly the point of my original post. I had it on the wish list too. Exact same situation. The Amazon listing has disappeared. Those other vendors are separate listings as opposed to the normal situation that you describe where the next vendor line would move up. It's rather odd...as if Amazon themselves are no longer carrying them item.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2018, 10:03 PM
hiegtx's Avatar
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 5,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotJeep View Post
I noticed the same thing. I had one on my wish list to keep an eye on the price fluctuations. All of a sudden ď item no longer availableĒ It is strange. Usually if an item Iím watching goes out of stock with 1 vendor, it just puts the next vendor in line as the seller. I was looking at the $419 units that trp2525 mentioned. My only concern is if they are selling a pile of old stock. Iím looking for a 2017 or 2018 build. Trying to avoid some of the known issues. I emailed them to see if they could verify the serial number. I doubt they would do that. Iíll probably never hear back. I donít think the serial number is on the outside of the box ?
The serial number is on a sticker on the outside of the box. But as you noted, the odds that someone would check the serial #s and email them to you are about the same as hitting PowerBall.
__________________
Steve
SDS100-436HP (2)-536HP-TRX-1-325P2-among others
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old Yesterday, 6:39 AM
GotJeep's Avatar    
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2
Default

Update: This is what Pricebreak said
"Unfortunately, we will not be able to help you with the serial number of the item. We have items which are manufactured in 2017 and 2018. "

I left the scanner on my Amazon wish list even though it shows blank. Just curious to see if that particular listing ever comes back.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions