Need a source to buy new old stock BR330T

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know of a source that has new old stock of Uniden BR330T handheld scanners? Can't seem to find them online anymore...

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
It is a simple to use scanner for some of my coworkers here in Thousand Oaks, California who want to be able to listen to Fire/Police, etc... AND that I have the software to program the radio easily for. Not to fancy, not too basic, with alphanumeric display. That's all. I just don't want to have to build a new codeplug, would rather just use the codeplug I have and then dump it into their scanner.

seth21w

It is a simple to use scanner for some of my coworkers here in Thousand Oaks, California who want to be able to listen to Fire/Police, etc... AND that I have the software to program the radio easily for. Not to fancy, not too basic, with alphanumeric display. That's all. I just don't want to have to build a new codeplug, would rather just use the codeplug I have and then dump it into their scanner.

I gotcha yeah i used to own bcd346xt which is about the same, then 396xt. Some of my favorite older handhelds.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
The 330T is a rock-steady scanner for anything and everything except current 700-800mhz simulcast systems. I used one on the road for years and utilized it to monitor DOT/weigh scales, snow plows, highway maintenance crews, tow trucks, shuttles and transportation, truckstop and hotel security, loading docks and distribution centers, my terminal vhf coms, CB radios, blah blah, like I said, anything and everything. With just a RS 800mhz Remtronix antenna it received everything I wanted to hear. I lost mine in a boating mishap, dropped it into Lake Tohopekaliga (“Lake Toho”) on a bass fishing trip, into 35-40 ft deep water on the St. Cloud side lol. Very bad day, indeed. I almost re-purchased one when recently looking for a good milair scanner but decided to go with the BC125AT instead.

JD
kf4anc

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
To clarify, BR330T will not work on any digital system, regardless of whether or not it is simulcast.

K2RNI

Im shocked they still sell them! Op what is specific about the br330t that you like just curious.

Slightly cheaper now too. I'm surprised they're back in stock at scanner master. I went to get one last Christmas and it said out of stock every time I checked for a week. Such a neat little handheld with Comms receiver like reception.

K2RNI

Oops yep should have clarified. It will get 800mhz but analog only. My bad.

It will get anything withing 0.1 to 1300 MHz other than the cell lockouts. Analog trunk tracker for listening to businesses on the local LTR system. Pretty much the same as a comms receiver like Icom IC-r20 otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.