custom scan list import for bc536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRadioface

first post here, glad to be a part:
after years of procuring frequencies from across the country, instead of entering them one at a time into the unit, is it possible to put them into a spreadsheet and have it read by the radio in order to create a custom scan list?

I'm really not looking forward to entering them one at a time. I have perhaps several thousand.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
first post here, glad to be a part:
after years of procuring frequencies from across the country, instead of entering them one at a time into the unit, is it possible to put them into a spreadsheet and have it read by the radio in order to create a custom scan list?

I'm really not looking forward to entering them one at a time. I have perhaps several thousand.
Welcome to RadioReference.

Sentinel does not have an import function for a spreadsheet, but you could 'import' by copying one column at a time to the clipboard, then pasting that into Sentinel. Say, copy a column of text tags, them past that into a system in Sentinel. Then copy a column of talkgroups (or conventional frequencies from your spreadsheet, than paste into the corresponding field in Sentinel. ProScan can import files from specific previous models of Uniden scanners, or cut and paste via the clipboard. ARC536 (find on this website) uses an Excel like editor, so you could cut an paste there.

McRadioface

thanks for the welcome,
if I have luck with this approach, perhaps a tutorial would be appreciated. I cant be the only guy with a curated list of things assembled over decades of obsessing. Others may benefit from my experience and I'd be glad to share if/when I get one if these rigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.