SDS100 Static on VHF/UHF Analog Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamopac

Premium Subscriber
Starting last night, my SDS100 has starting having static on all the analog channels, which hangs them up. I'm not sure, but it sounds like the static may be generated inside the scanner. The scanner worked fine all day yesterday, when I got home and unplugged my GPS, that's when all this started. I tuned off the global filter last night and the scanner worked fine. Now I'm catching the static again. I cleared the user data via sentinel and uploaded my FL's and settings back to it. I still have a problem. Can someone help me figure out what's going on?

dhalbasch

Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same issue, on mine it comes and goes. When it's happening, do you receive anything on P25 or any form of digital?

Dennis

lamopac

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that on the trunk systems it shows that it has a full signal and scans all the sites real slow, when it gets to a analog channel it catches the static and hangs up. If I hit avoid it just goes to the next analog channel and stops because of the static.

lamopac

Premium Subscriber
I changed the SD card and that's not the problem, I'm filling out the paperwork now to send it in to be repaired.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Silly question, but are you sure you didn't accidentally tweak your squelch setting?

Ubbe

Remove the antenna as see it the static stops. If it does it could be some nearby interference like a cell phone charger or LED light or some other things that might be possible to pinpoint if you open squelch fully and try and move around to find the strongest interference level.
Or just increase the squelch level a bit until the static goes away and see if you still receive analog conversations without the squelch cutting it out.

/Ubbe

Bill1957

Had the same problem last year. Static started and SDS100 failed completely shortly after. Returned it for repairs, got it back in about 4 weeks. "Bad solder joint touched up" as per Uniden repair tech. SDS100 has performed well since the repair.

lamopac

Premium Subscriber
Remove the antenna as see it the static stops. If it does it could be some nearby interference like a cell phone charger or LED light or some other things that might be possible to pinpoint if you open squelch fully and try and move around to find the strongest interference level.
Or just increase the squelch level a bit until the static goes away and see if you still receive analog conversations without the squelch cutting it out.

/Ubbe
That was the first thing I tried, I turned my cell phone off and turned the TV and computer off still had static on those channels. I turned it on last night, now it only has two channels and won't scan either one of them and it quickly shows an CPU error. So I guess I'm going to send it in to Uniden for repair, thank goodness it still in the warranty period. Thanks everyone for the input.

tkenny53

has anyone tried Close Call to see if there is a RF close by causing the old time interference

Status
Not open for further replies.