BCD436HP/BCD536HP: How to upload uniden 396 csv file to uniden 436

Status
Not open for further replies.

smipe2001

Hi i recently purchased a uniden ubc436 i want to get all the data from my uniden 396 and upload it into my new 436 i have the csv file on my computer and installed the software that came with the uniden 436 however it wont let me inport the csv file i wrote the file in freescan however freescan wont work with the 436 is there anyway of transfering my data from the 396 to the 436 thx.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Hi i recently purchased a uniden ubc436 i want to get all the data from my uniden 396 and upload it into my new 436 i have the csv file on my computer and installed the software that came with the uniden 436 however it wont let me inport the csv file i wrote the file in freescan however freescan wont work with the 436 is there anyway of transfering my data from the 396 to the 436 thx.

Freescan to 436HP spreadsheet http://forums.radioreference.com/un...ntinel-conventional-converter-excel-file.html

Freescan to 436HP spreadsheet for talkgroups http://forums.radioreference.com/un...eescan-sentinel-talkgroup-list-converter.html

It's the only way, but works very well

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also a couple of differences in the x36HP series. . .

Where CTCSS/DCS/NAC is applicable, the field with the data is preceded by CTCSS/DCS/NAC then the number. So if a 396 had a PL tone of 162.2, the entry would be "CTCSS 162.2Hz", for a digital PL tone of 411 it would be "DCS 411" and one with a NAC of 185. tje entry is "NAC 185".

A field new to the x36HP programming is Service Type. The spreadsheets mentioned above use a default of "Custom 1". Once you import the created CSV file into your Sentinel, you may want to go back and revise that column as desired.

Actually you won't be "importing" in the strictest sense - rather you have both Sentinel and the CSV open and you copy from the CSV and paste into the Sentinel. And this spreadsheet does only group(department) information - you still have to set up the Favorites List/Systems.

If you have a lot of 396 data and money isn't an issue, there's another option. You can get the ARC-XT software for the 396XT and the ARC 536. You can then read your 396XT with the ARC XT and save the files. Then using the ARC 536, you can import the 396 files.

smipe2001

anoyed

hey guys i honestly cant figer out how to do this i have over 300 systems in my 396 trunked and non trunked systems i honestly dont know why uniden has done this or why freescan does not support the 436. its so annoying i feel uniden has ripped me of im thinking of selling the radio due to this and staying with my 396

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I don't think there was anything sinister on the part of Uniden. Rather it's a case of different memory architecture.

I can't comment on why FreeScan doesn't support x36 programming, though I'm sure many folks out there would be happy if it did.

With you having so many systems, you might think about spending the $80 to get the ARC XT Basic and the ARC 536 programs. A lot of aggravation may be saved.

Software for Uniden Whistler HOME PATROL HP1 HP-1 PRO-700 BCD436HP BCD536HP Radioshack GRE GRECOM MFJ DSE AOR police scanner software BCD996XT BCD396XT BC346T BCT15X PRO-404 PRO-405 PRO-97 PRO-96 PRO-2096 PRO-106 PRO-197 PRO-164 PRO-160 PRO-162 psr50

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I have used the cut/paste method using a spreadsheet to enter the 396 files into my 436HP.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Trying to import my XT files to x36HP files. Have both ARC XT PRO and ARC536PRO. Have saved the XT PRO files as CSV files, then import them into the separate sheet in ARC536PRO, but unclear how to create the new system with the CSV files. Is there a tutorial somewhere.
Thank you.
Steve AA6IO

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Forgot to add, when I import the XT file, the system and groups are there, but seem to be no frequencies, alpha tags, etc.
Steve AA6IO

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There's no need to save the XT files as CSV files. You can directly import the XT files written in ARC XT, into ARC 536.

Start ARC536. Go to File>Import. Clicking on Import opens another window. Click on the line that says "Import ARC XT File". Then navigate to the location on your computer where your ARC XT files are located - they have .rsf file extensions. Click on the file you wish to import. The data will appear in the ARC536 Browser. Most of the data is there (frequencies, Alpha Tags, squelch tones, NAC and sites for trunked systems).

Since Service Type is something new in the 536 programming as compared to the XT, you'll have to edit the Service Types in ARC 536. I've also found that GPS data does not import, so if you do GPS scanning, you'll have to enter that.

Status
Not open for further replies.