USB-1 Programming cable BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

al95

I just updated to Windows 10 and I can not get the cable to work with the new OS. DO I need a new cable? BTW I sorry if this topic has been talk or written about. Can someone Help me.

Thank-You in advance

Voyager

The original USB-1 cables used older chips which need updated drivers. Check the ScannerMaster website, as I think it might have them (or a link to them).

al95

I just saw the new chip the usb 1 uses. I have the old serial type cable can I buy the usb to serial port cable that has the new chip from ebay will this work. My computers don't have serial ports. PREMIUM 1ft USB 2.0 to Serial RS-232 DB9 Male Adapter cable - PL2303HXD (C-527) found this on ebay.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Whichever route you go (new USB-1 cable or serial adapter) needs to have that HXD chipset.

This is something that began with Windows 8.

Be sure to load and install the drivers before connecting the cable or adapter.

Voyager

Hopefully they are not the older versions. I would have simply gone the USB-serial adapter update route, but I use a lot of serial application (yes, still).

al95

I went the usb-serial adapter route and they come with the new chip hxd. I have the older USB to serial port adapter and they don't work with windows 10. The USB 1 cable cost alot brought two adapters for half the price with free shipping. I have the older USB 1 cable and cannot used it since windows 8.1.

al95

Will give it try tomorrow. The new adapter has the newer chip in it. I will be using the adapter to connect my desktop using the serial port to connect the cable that came with the bcd396t because it is longer then the USB 1 cable which will be use on my laptop.

al95

It did not work for me tried it twice got errors both times when trying to connect to scanner(communication). But for a happy ending I just received my new cables from ebay seller. Both of them work fine just plug in and the pc installed the driver. The seller was from Texas and drop of my package last night at the main post office it got here very fast. I'm updating my scanner to my local area and the LRGVRRS trunking system.

oodnar

I just bought my BCD436HP last week. I was able to connect it my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 without any problems using the driver from Uniden and the cable included in the box. I hope this helps.

al95

The cable that came with BCD436HP has the newer chip on it. I have the first generation of USB-1 cable you have the second generation.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
The cable that came with BCD436HP has the newer chip on it. I have the first generation of USB-1 cable you have the second generation.

The 436/536 is a standard USB cable... No chip in it. Not sure if the HP 1 or HP2 is that way. Don't own either of those.

Tedm

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I had a lot of trouble and decided to go on eBay and buy an DELL XP. I chose DELL because they have have the windows activation key on them and the restore disks are only 10 dollars.

I bought one with just a DB9 and it worked great.

Still had connectivity problems but after playing with it for a while I could always get to work.

In Device Manager make sure you have you Uniden driver installed.

Sometime it drops out for some reason them you have problems.

Be careful though.

I say a DELL that had both a RS 232 and DB9 which was an XP.

It did not work well it seemed it was to old to handle the software to control the radio,

These XP laptop computers can be had for less than 100 dollars.

Best Regards
Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.