Home-grown control app for BCD536HP - Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanboyca

Hi RadioReference.com,

I've been working on my own version of the BCD536HP control app for Windows for quite some time now. I use it daily to provide an alternate GUI for my scanner. The app works over WiFI and runs under Windows. I continue to tweak this app to meet my personal tastes as a replacement for the Uniden Control software MkII.

I uploaded a demo video to YouTube if you are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPJFV0GTfKQ&feature=youtu.be

This just goes to show that it is possible to create our own apps to status/control this scanner. If I knew anything about Android programming I would be targeting that platform next. I don't have any plans to provide this app to the general public as it is not a polished product.

Good luck to all.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Great Job!

Great job! I had a feeling it could be done. Nice work.

People are really wanting the analyze type of app for these scanners. Please look toward that if you have time? Trying to get a program like Pro96comm to work from the 536hp. Would be really nice to have Pro96comm scrubbing a Phase 2 system. :)

D

darunimal

Excellent, Really Cool. Love the additional Features, Icons, and Images and more full functionality

Jake68111

Hi RadioReference.com,

I don't have any plans to provide this app to the general public as it is not a polished product.

Good luck to all.

I really think you should do some serious soul searching and reconsider this entire statement. Nice work on the app. Even if it meant pairing up with one or a few here on RR who might have knowledge in the development process as we are only limited to what we can do with our minds. Again, beautiful work.

tumegpc

Real nice job ! I like where you can customize and use your own icons and images per channel.

I think the app looks pretty darn good as is. Do you have plans to offer it to the public once you fine tweak it ?

1Partsman

Great program....
have to agree with Jake68111.....would love to have a program like yours.....great work....

John

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Very Nice!

I do a lot of logging using ProScan but I love the many display and control options you fit all on one screen.

Hopefully you will publically release it some day when you get everything refined. It looks very close now in my opinion.

Great job!

dmaria

Well thought out. It was obviously a labor of love. Thanks for the demo.

Voyager

Nice job. I don't think Uniden ever announced any plans for a Siren Windows app.

Looks polished enough to release to me...

I like the feature of the pics. I've asked Uniden to add that to the HP-x ever since it came out. I would use it for custom 10-codes, maps of coverage areas, or reference lists of unit numbers.

Acegta

Premium Subscriber
Awesome job!!!!

Looks great. I'd buy it even though there are programming software that have "Virtual Control" or similar named items.
Very well thought out and done.
Acegta

garys

Premium Subscriber
That is a very nice program. I have to disagree with you about it not being polished enough for release. I've seen far worse commercial programs released.

An Android version would be incredibly nice to have.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Interestng concept in the software.

You should rethink about making it public.

Butel and Proscan had to start somewhere also.

henrygb

I have always said that the only way to be possible the analyze mode of the BCD536HP is an application , a kind of emulator HP touchscreen series, which can take advantage of a computer screen or a portable device. I think the original design from Uniden was to create an application like that, however I think they complicate the issue when they tried to send audio via wifi and all the bandwidth was consumed . If we discard the possibility of sending audio , you can still create several useful applications for BCD536HP at least. For BCD436 is another story.

This demo video and this aplication it is an example of what can be done if we forget the audio. I just hope that uniden not change "a lot" the communication protocol of BCD536HP

Voyager

I have always said that the only way to be possible the analyze mode of the BCD536HP is an application , a kind of emulator HP touchscreen series, which can take advantage of a computer screen or a portable device.

That's what I was expecting when the Analyze feature was delayed. I thought they were going to use the WiFi to send the info the a PC program, and could not since the WiFi dongle was not yet working properly.

Of coruse, then they came out with the Analysis which was screen-based. Still, I wonder if that was the original plan.

DMSROX2

I am extremely impressed with what you have done and would GLADLY pay for the application! And I am sure that a lot of people would also!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
WiFi App

Thank you for the opportunity to watch your YouTube Video. Great Job! Very impressive! Would purchase the program when the opportunity arises.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.