Open source the sentinel software?

Are you a developer willing to contribute some time to open source Sentinel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkost

Is Uniden open to making the Sentinel software 'open source'?

If an option, Uniden and our Uniden scanning community will benefit significantly and harden an already very loyal following by complementing a fine set of radios with a community supported software that exceeds expectations making the Uniden scanning experience even more pleasurable.

I'm sure there are a lot of developers in our community like myself willing to contribute some time and effort for the greater good.

Sincerely!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
As the RadioReference database is a licensed product, we are unable to provide information that would give direct editing or wholesale exporting capabilities of that database (since it doesn't belong to us, we cannot give it away).

bkost

As the RadioReference database is a licensed product, we are unable to provide information that would give direct editing or wholesale exporting capabilities of that database (since it doesn't belong to us, we cannot give it away).

Thanks Upman, That makes sense. Can we solve that problem by having the Database I/O handled by a Uniden published and copyrighted API to maintain the licensing integrity while the community would be focused on the UI only?

Status
Not open for further replies.