Edi ting programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC2OY

I have a question reguarding editing programmed stuff in my 536. I want to do some alert lights,delays....ect. So I go into editing favorite lists and make the changes. I then click on save in that window. Then I write it to the scanner but it dosen't save the changes. What step am I forgetting or missing?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You probably have the main database active. You can't edit stuff in the main database, other than setting or clearing avoids. To see your settings in action, turn off the main database, and make sure your favorite list is downloaded to the scanner and active.

AC2OY

ok i'm confused here if I don't have my favorite lists active how would it only scan my lists and not the entire zip code. Actually the one thing that I did do correctly was turn off a few lists that I no longer wanted to monitor. It's been a minute since I played with sentintel so I'm a tad rusty. Thanks Jon for responding man!!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
In the scanner menu under Set Scan Selection / Select Lists To Monitor you can toggle scanning of the main database and each of your favorite lists on and off. It sounds like you have the main database (which cannot be edited) turned on, and your favorite list(s) turned off. That will cause the scanner to appear to ignore all the edits to your favorite lists (alert light, alert tones, etc). Make sure the main database is turned off, and your favorite list(s) are turned on.

AC2OY

Jon when I go in and edit,do I rewrite the lists option or do I just skip that part/ That might be my mistake I have been rewriting thinking that by doing that it will change what I want it to change.

AC2OY

another question....when you write to the scanner what option am I supposed to use/ One says erase favorite lists or write full database. I don't want to wipe out my lists so i have been using the write full database one.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Check both. You want to replace what is on the scanner with your latest edits and updates. Not checking erase favorites means that Sentinel makes a copy and you have old and new versions of your favorite lists every time you write to scanner.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
...and that's why you don't see the changes. The scanner is scanning your original/old and unchanged Favorites List(s) and may not get to the new/revised Favorites List(s).

Also if you don't erase and re-write your Favorites Lists, if you later do a "Read from Scanner" it may really give you a headache by overwiting the changes you made in Sentinel.

AC2OY

Thank you both!!! I did a little experementing and tried checking both and the edits took!! Little by little I'm getting it they way I want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.