BCD436HP/BCD536HP: How do I get out of search mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke94

I guess I pushed too many buttons! I have the scanner stuck in "search" mode so it searches thru a upper and lower frequency range. I'm trying to just get back to Scan mode to listen to the local P25 system. I somehow did this trying to download a favorite list using Sentinel.

Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I guess I pushed too many buttons! I have the scanner stuck in "search" mode so it searches thru a upper and lower frequency range. I'm trying to just get back to Scan mode to listen to the local P25 system. I somehow did this trying to download a favorite list using Sentinel.

Thanks
Check your profile in Sentinel. You may have inadvertently turned on one or more pre-programmed searches.

You can lockout (Avoid) the search by hitting <Function>+<Avoid>. But if you turned it on by accident in Sentinel, you'll be back in the same rut the next time you upload an updated Favorites list to the scanner. So, make sure they are not set to run.

duke94

Push the function button on the side (the top one) while pushing the System button on the front. (left white key.

Thanks, I've read through the Manual a number of times and there's still a LOT of these tricks I miss. I think a Glossary in the back would have been helpful.

duke94

Check your profile in Sentinel. You may have inadvertently turned on one or more pre-programmed searches.

You can lockout (Avoid) the search by hitting <Function>+<Avoid>. But if you turned it on by accident in Sentinel, you'll be back in the same rut the next time you upload an updated Favorites list to the scanner. So, make sure they are not set to run.

I'll check that. I don't think I've grasped the basics of Sentinel yet. Will keep trying.

dcisive

I can relate. That happened to me the first night I programmed my 436 and also finally read up you needed to push the Function then System. I no longer have to think about it fortunately ;-)

duke94

I still can't make my favorite list work. I did a small one in Sentenil and down loaded it to the scanner. It's in the scanner, but the quick key doesn't work.

LisaNels

Premium Subscriber
I just got my BCD536HP yesterday, so I'm having a fun time with it. But I did notice that when I'm doing a search it says on the bottom of the screen <F+SYS to SCAN>
The function button being the big knob on the left. Press it in once, then press SYSTEM and it's back to scanning the fav lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.