BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Trying to install Sentinel on new Win10 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monzi

Premium Subscriber
New to scanning, I picked up the BCD436HP and now I'm trying to install Sentinel software. Keeps telling me I need framework 2.0 installed. I have the latest framework installed but it doesn't want to recognize it. Could use some suggestions on how to get this installed.

Thanks

phask

Premium Subscriber
New to scanning, I picked up the BCD436HP and now I'm trying to install Sentinel software. Keeps telling me I need framework 2.0 installed. I have the latest framework installed but it doesn't want to recognize it. Could use some suggestions on how to get this installed.

Thanks

Install Net framework 2.0 - just like it says - they are not cumulative.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm... if this is true, why wouldn't the installer prompt for then install something that is required like this rather than dumping that problem on a user?

Probably because it's a PC issue and not Uniden and too many variables to try to cover, at least for a minor software developer. Method varies, site location may vary. Now if was a major product such as Adobe for example they might.

Not that uncommon ,at least it advises of the requirements.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Go into your Windows settings and check the box for framework 2.0. Then when you reboot, it will load it and your troubles will go away!!!

I did the exact same thing you did, then someone told me about that and found the checkbox open, so I checked it and it fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.