Programming BC125AT Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorningFog

As a remote pilot, I'm curious about monitoring the local airspace to ensure safety. I have used Radio Reference to find the local frequencies and entered them in using the Uniden software, yet when I turn on the radio, nothing, it shows the tags I put in on hold. Outside of that, just scanning. Might there be any tips that I can utilize to listen to local air traffic, control towers, and the like with the Bearcat 125AT?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Programming scanner

The best solution is the ARC125 software from Butel with a RR membership. The free Uniden is nice, but does not always give the best results. I have used Butel software for several years with both GRE/Whistler and Uniden scanners and found it very reliable

Scan125

You can also have a look at Scan125 which is free and independently developed by me. (see link in my signature)

As with all software you have to find what best meets your needs.

bigcam406

Another option is programming it by hand. Tedious yes, but it works. I have over 300 conventional freqs programmed in mine and it took a couple hours.

Blackink

As a remote pilot, I'm curious about monitoring the local airspace to ensure safety. I have used Radio Reference to find the local frequencies and entered them in using the Uniden software, yet when I turn on the radio, nothing, it shows the tags I put in on hold. Outside of that, just scanning. Might there be any tips that I can utilize to listen to local air traffic, control towers, and the like with the Bearcat 125AT?

Have you made sure that the banks that you want scanned are checked in the Scan Bank column (under the Bank Settings tab) before uploading to your scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.