Trying to reinstall my BCDx36HP software

Status
Not open for further replies.

w4ebc

When I try to save changes in Sentinel, it tells me "Saving Favorites List Failed". Access to the path is denied.

Using a BCD436HP scanner, USB
Windows 10, Fall Creators Update installed last month

HELP! HELP! HELP!

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Change the save location then. You probably have it set to a removable or non-existent drive or path.

w4ebc

These are all great suggestions, but I have gone to each folder, both in the Programs (x86) as well as Documents under my user name and changed permissions in several different ways, both in the GUI as well as an Administrator CMD prompt. I am wondering if this is a Windows 10 Fall Creators Update issue.

Hoping UpMan can give some input.

Anyone else with the FCU on Windows 10 having issues? It worked fine before the update.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No.

I'm running Windows 10 with the Creators Update, and am having zero issues with Sentinel. So are many other people.

Go into Sentinel and see where it is trying to save your data.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Change the folder to something you know you have write access to.

w4ebc

FIXED!!!!

Per your advice, I changed not only the destination folder for install, but under Tools I changed the folder for profiles.

Even though it gave me errors at first, once I had the folder changed, reconstructed the database, everything seems to be working fine now.

Not sure what happened but I lost some rights in my own Documents folder under my own Username and I am an Administrator.

Windows, you got to love it/

Thanks for the help guys. What a night. LOL

Bushwack44

FWIW, I had the same problem as the OP as soon as I updated Window 7 to Windows 10. My resolve was to uninstall the Uniden software, manually delete the Uniden Folder in the Program Data Folder (of Windows 10). Then reinstall the software into the user folder (w/ new Uniden files placed back into the Program Data folder of Windows 10). In other words, files in that folder were corrupt and had to be deleted manually.

Everything seems to be working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.