Cant Update BCD436/536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this when I try to update the Master DB or even the Firmware I get this message.

Screenshot%202017-11-23%2003.40.27.png
The remote name cannot be resolved ftp.homepatrol.com

Is anyone else seeing this error and does anyone know when it will be or how it can be fixed? I have the next couple of days off work and was hoping to get some updates done for my radios.

Thanks,
Bob

troymail

Silent Key
Sounds like your ISP's DNS lookup isn't working properly. This might correct itself but there are some things you could try.

Reboot your machine
Reboot your router

A more advanced option (may require admin):

https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/modify-your-hosts-file/

The current IP address for the domain ftp.homepatrol.com is coming back as 69.15.51.147 but is subject to change at anytime (which is why we use DNS).

N9JIG

Sheriff
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this when I try to update the Master DB or even the Firmware I get this message.

Screenshot%202017-11-23%2003.40.27.png
The remote name cannot be resolved ftp.homepatrol.com

Is anyone else seeing this error and does anyone know when it will be or how it can be fixed? I have the next couple of days off work and was hoping to get some updates done for my radios.

Thanks,
Bob

Both HomePatrol and x36 Sentinel worked fine for me Bob, looks like it either has been resolved (get it?) or the problem was on your end.

Ubbe

Maybe the host name wasn't paid for in time and wanished from dns servers before the renewel where done.

I still get unknown host name and that ip number comes up as included in an ip range and not belonging to any particular user when running it in whois.

/Ubbe

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Maybe the host name wasn't paid for in time and wanished from dns servers before the renewel where done.

I still get unknown host name and that ip number comes up as included in an ip range and not belonging to any particular user when running it in whois.

/Ubbe

Maybe? Maybe a little more work on your part.

WHOIS search results

Domain Name: HOMEPATROL.COM
Update Date: 2016-10-24T17:39:42Z
Creation Date: 2002-12-12T07:36:40Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-12-12T07:36:40Z

Status
Not open for further replies.