DMR database

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivos68

Hello,
How do I import the dmr user database into the UBCD3600XLS/BCD436HP scanner?
Thanks for advice
Ivo,OK2SHI

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
I believe the OP wants to import the entire DMR-MARC DMR ham user database into his Uniden UBCD3600XLS (aka BCD436HP) scanner so that when a DMR user talks on a ham repeater, it will show his name and/or call sign. This is an often used feature on some models of DMR radios that can accept a large number of DMR "Contacts".

Presently the DMR database has 77,583
http://www.dmr-marc.net/cgi-bin/trbo-database/datadump.cgi

To answer the OP, see the next post.

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
I believe the OP wants to import the entire DMR-MARC DMR ham user database into his Uniden UBCD3600XLS (aka BCD436HP) scanner so that when a DMR user talks on a ham repeater, it will show his name and/or call sign. This is an often used feature on some models of DMR radios that can accept a large number of DMR "Contacts".

Presently the DMR database has 77,583
http://www.dmr-marc.net/cgi-bin/trbo-database/datadump.cgi

To answer the OP, as far as I know no consumer scanners have this feature, only some models of DMR two-way radios.

Thought maybe that was it - perhaps he'll confirm.

FWIW - I took the entire list of IDs (77572) of IDs and made two scanlists for my TRX-1 using EZ Scan - 1 with radioID and callsign and the other with radioId and Name (truncated of course) - and loaded the configuration up ... no problem. Not the full contact view but at least some labeling of radio IDs.

I tried a cut and paste of one of these lists into Sentinel (which I believe will make the favorites list too large). I can't tell (yet) -- Sentinel is asleep/locked up - I assume choking on all that data....

EDIT: Sentinel did finally finish loading the list and upon save, it reported the favorites list was too big (with just radio IDs and callsgns). Meanwhile, my TRX is monitoring and displaying callsigns.... So, for Sentinel, you'd probably need to break the list down further into multiple favorites lists.....that might work....

Last edited:

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
Thought maybe that was it - perhaps he'll confirm.

FWIW - I took the entire list of IDs (77572) of IDs and made two scanlists for my TRX-1 using EZ Scan - 1 with radioID and callsign and the other with radioId and Name (truncated of course) - and loaded the configuration up ... no problem. Not the full contact view but at least some labeling of radio IDs.

I tried a cut and paste of one of these lists into Sentinel (which I believe will make the favorites list too large). I can't tell (yet) -- Sentinel is asleep/locked up - I assume choking on all that data....

EDIT: Sentinel did finally finish loading the list and upon save, it reported the favorites list was too big (with just radio IDs and callsgns). Meanwhile, my TRX is monitoring and displaying callsigns.... So, for Sentinel, you'd probably need to break the list down further into multiple favorites lists.....that might work....

Troymail, I did not know you could do that with either of these scanners, or any scanner. Neat!

Ubbe

Ivo, I suggest you add users as they come alive in DMR transmissions.
I notice that only a few users seems to operate on DMR that constantly reappears in QSOs.
I think I have 20 national and 50 international DMR users entered and seldom see any new users popping up.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.