Need help with my 536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou9155

first relax yourself...then use the software that came with it..its the only way to update the firmware and data base... it will take time and patience to learn ...ive had my 436 for 5 months and im still learning

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
First thing to try is simply cycle power. If you've temporarily avoided a channel, it is restored after the power cycle.

Second thing, if you programmed your scanner from a computer, just re-connect the two. Then do a "Write to Scanner" and the program "stuff" in the computer will overwrite those button presses. (Do NOT read from the scanner first - doing that overwrites the "good stuff" in your computer with the "bad stuff" in your scanner.

To program a frequency by hand (computer is better though):
Menu>Manage Favorites (scroll to the FL where you want the channel)>Review/Edit System (scroll to the System where you want the channel)>Edit Department (scroll to the Department where you want the channel)>Edit Channel>New Channel {for a new channel} or scroll to the existing channel. From there, you enter/change the appropriate information.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
if you are a visual learner, YouTube is your friend. there is an OP on there, k4DPS and he has many videos on the 536 and does really well explaining things. give those videos a try. it takes time, like other OPS have said, there is a learning curve so just relax and learn as you do. take notes when you figure something out so you can remember it the next day. lol. i would. also the Sentinel software is your friend and there are videos on how to use it. watch those. enjoy the scanner!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.