Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundman

Why can't I edit the date base section ??????? I would like to turn on my light and change something ,But nothing is working .

troymail

Silent Key
The database can't be edited (easily) so if you are using the full database, changes are not an option.

However, if you create a favorities list (which essentially creates a copy of the information), you can edit most things about that copy of that data.

Soundman

Ok thanks buddy . I updated my police scanner last night and whoever update the database put all the police in one pile and it screwed up my whole 2 scanner . Now I have to redo everything . I am so pissed off .Thy need to fix that.

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6561 Look at the police section . I have warned several of my friends not to update till this is fixed .
Ah - I had to look at an old library but I see now they put all the districts into a single group... yeah, I don't know why some things are put into such large groups .. and at the same time, there are "groups" that have single talkgroups.

For a different state, I had to convince the admin that, although a large group of talkgroups are DOT, there are individual agencies/groups within and he was nice enough to break them up. It was another situation where there were like 100 talkgroups in one group and a bunch of groups with at most 2-3.

I'd like to see things for my county on VIPER broken out but right now everything - police, fire, ems - all one group.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6561 Look at the police section . I have warned several of my friends not to update till this is fixed .
That's why, when I'm home or in familiar territory, I only scan using Favorites lists created using only those systems that interest me and that I know I can receive at that location. Updating the master database does not change the Favorites lists in the Uniden scanners, so any sorting or text tag editing that I have done remains the same. I monitor the changes in the systems that interest me, and manually update my Favorites if needed. If traveling to or through an area I am unfamiliar with, then I would use the GPS and the main database. But the rest of the time, I use favorite lists.

If you are only using your location and the master database, then you're stuck with however the database organizes systems and the associated TGID's.

Soundman

Why could thy just not change it back . It was just fine .Thy have it for all the other departments .

Status
Not open for further replies.