ARC536 Basic Version 2.1 Beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Posted awhile back on this issue, and still can't seem to figure out the problem. I'm running Windows 10 on a HP laptop and ARC will not read the favorite lists. I also notice the software will detect a scanner even if nothing is plugged in. If I revert back to Version 99 build 5, it will detect the scanner and recognize the favorites.

So I decided to pull out an ASUS laptop, upgraded to the latest version and the software detected the scanner and favorites lists.

I've been using this software prior to these issues, and would really like to get it working on the HP laptop too. Sentinel and ProScan has no issues on the HP. I've run as Administrator and gone through a series of checks and can't figure it out. I have Webroot running on both computers so ruled out virus protection. I'm happy I can still use this on my ASUS which I use as back up, but hoping someone could point me in a direction on can try on the HP.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
In Windows 10 did you install as a administrator? After the install set the properties of the shortcut to run as administrator.
You may have to uninstall the program reboot the PC and install as listed above.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
In Windows 10 did you install as a administrator? After the install set the properties of the shortcut to run as administrator.
You may have to uninstall the program reboot the PC and install as listed above.

Yes...right clicked over the shortcut to confirm...clicked run as administrator and restarted. What is really odd is when I open up the software, click read scanner, it shows the green bar as if it's hooked up which it isn't. Someone mentioned before it could be a driver issue with HP? Not sure why this would be an issue, but have looked around and can't find any known issues.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Not sure I always go back to my basics.
Does the Scanner show up in device manager?
Did you try to reload the Uniden serial driver?

Yes...I went back to the drawing board a few times. Yes the scanner shows up even when it's not plugged in. I didn't try to reload the serial driver yet, but since it's working on Sentinel and ProScan kind of ruled that out.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Checked Device Manager, update driver...latest installed. Program doesn't read SD card either.

Clicked on blank open window and received a Run Time 91 message.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
You said you see the scanner in device manager even when it is not plugged up. I see none of my 13 Unidens unless they are plugged up. But I am using only Sentinial and Proscan

It's very odd behavior and I've been using ARC awhile so it's not new to me. When I boot up the ASUS laptop, ARC works as it's supposed to.

I just rechecked Device Manager and it's not showing a device that's not plugged in. However when I use the program, the green bar indicates the scanner is connected when it's not. This is all on the HP laptop.

I've reinstalled the program, updated drivers and done everything I can think of without any changes, very perplexing.

racingfan360

Checked Device Manager, update driver...latest installed. Program doesn't read SD card either..

I have some broadly similar issues with my trx1 and ezscan....two identical installs, one sees the scanner the other doesn't. Still haven't solved it.

Three questions.....what happens if you revert to a much older device driver vs use the latest win10 driver ? Can the arc software see the sd card when inserted straight into a card reader in a different (Maybe non usb) port? Have you got any other usb devices hanging off your hp that the arc software might be confusing for the scanner?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I have some broadly similar issues with my trx1 and ezscan....two identical installs, one sees the scanner the other doesn't. Still haven't solved it.

Three questions.....what happens if you revert to a much older device driver vs use the latest win10 driver ? Can the arc software see the sd card when inserted straight into a card reader in a different (Maybe non usb) port? Have you got any other usb devices hanging off your hp that the arc software might be confusing for the scanner?

The previous working version was Version 99. It doesn't see it with the SD card reader. No other usb ports being used.

racingfan360

The previous working version was Version 99. It doesn't see it with the SD card reader. No other usb ports being used.

Does Windows (File) Explorer see your scanner correctly when you plug it in? Also, please clarify which driver is being used for the scanner: for comparison mine is relatively old (Microsoft Driver version 10.0.16299.371 dated 03/21/2006).

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Does Windows (File) Explorer see your scanner correctly when you plug it in? Also, please clarify which driver is being used for the scanner: for comparison mine is relatively old (Microsoft Driver version 10.0.16299.371 dated 03/21/2006).

Scanner is seen. Both Sentinel and Pro Scan see the scanner. Thinking ARC and HP don't seem to get along. Don't know where to find the Driver info.

racingfan360

Don't know where to find the Driver info.

Ok thanks. It's under Device Manager > Disk Drives > Uniden Scanner. Right click on this, then Properties, Driver. What does the window say? (My thinking is that a new Windows update *might* have replaced your driver with something ARC does not like ???)

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks. It's under Device Manager > Disk Drives > Uniden Scanner. Right click on this, then Properties, Driver. What does the window say? (My thinking is that a new Windows update *might* have replaced your driver with something ARC does not like ???)

Thank you for the direction: 10.0.16299.371,,Date: 6/21/2006

Ubbe

If you are using comport numbers that are very high it might be an idea to use a lower number.
It will probably say that you do not have any free comports between 1 and 10 (com1 might be hardwired to a modem) but that only indicates that it at some point have installed a driver to that comport number. There is no problem sharing a comport, if you do not use the two devices at the same time.

/Ubbe

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I have uninstalled and reinstalled, confirmed running as Administrator, updated drivers (says they were up to date), and even took a chance and Cleared User Data on 536 just for the heck of it (had back up SD card of course), to no avail. I booted up the ASUS and never have any issues running the program and it reads the scanners without issues. I don't get stumped often, but this one has me. Thank you for all the suggestions, I'll be using the ASUS with ARC it appears.

racingfan360

I don't get stumped often, but this one has me. .
Sorry, I'm also a bit stumped too...I think you've tried all I could have thought of. As I said earlier, I still have a similar issue with my Whistler TRX1. In that case, I'm confident it was caused by a Windows 10 update messing things up.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I'm also a bit stumped too...I think you've tried all I could have thought of. As I said earlier, I still have a similar issue with my Whistler TRX1. In that case, I'm confident it was caused by a Windows 10 update messing things up.

I appreciate your suggestions.

Eugene

Greetings. Rather than start a new thread I figured I would ask here as I am having a similar issue. I am running windows 7 in parallels on an MAC and have loaded ARC536 basic into the windows side and it will not recognize the 436. I have deleted and reinstalled x 2, reinstalled drivers, running as administrator, tried all USB ports several times each....with no success. I have several ARC programs loaded onto the windows platform for various scanners (GRE and Uniden) and they all work perfectly. Don't know what else to do. From reading I am think I am stuck. Any further advice or am I flooring a dead 40.00 horse. Thanks in advance.

Eugene. KG4AVE

Status
Not open for further replies.