BCD436HP/BCD536HP: NXDN Alias

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Ok since the senitel program has not been upgraded. Where do I find the Nxdn Alias for the Uids for a system ?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ok since the senitel program has not been upgraded. Where do I find the Nxdn Alias for the Uids for a system ?
You can use either ProScan, or ARC536 for programming, program by hand, or flesh out a starter NXDN favorites list using Wordpad++. That's what I did. Entered the first NXDN system by hand, then used Wordpad to review the format of how the data is structured in the Favorites list, then set up the second system by entering via Wordpad.

Just be sure that 'Display Unit ID' is turned on in the 'Display Options' on the main menu screen.

shadcall

Which one do you do prefer the ARC 536 or the Procan Steve ?

Everyone has their favorites and will cite a variety of reasons why they like that program. You have to discover what is best for you. The easiest way to do this is to use the 30 day free trial that each program offers. You can then try both of them out and see what works for you.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I prefer ProScan because it allows digital audio recording, logging, and remote control via Wi-Fi on the 536, and you only need one software version for any Uniden scanner. ARC only supports logging and remote control via USB and analog recording, and you need a different version of the software (at extra cost) for each family of scanners.

And the author of ProScan is more engaged with his customers than the author of ARC.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I also prefer ProScan. At the $50 cost, it has all of the logging and recording features that ARC pushes to it's $69 "Pro" version. The $39 "Basic" version of ARC is programming only.

Plus, ProScan also works with many other older scanners, not just one model series. But, try it on the 30 day trial period. If you decide you like the ARC product better, go with it.

D

DaveNF2G

As for finding aliases, they will appear if the system is set up to transmit them. Otherwise the information will come from the same place as radio IDs for other types of trunking - scanner users like you who collect them, identify them, and submit them to the RRDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.