Sentinel 2.00.01 (NXDN and SDS100 Support)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
NXDN is supported in Sentinel, but not yet part of the main database import from RR. So, you've still got time to get the upgrade for only $30.

Bill1426

Installed the new version. I guess I can't use any version of Sentinel past 1.07 R3, since my computer logs the SD cards (also USB Sticks) as Local Drives. So now the SD card will not show when I try to write to or read from the scanner or insert it into my computer. I think I've tried everything (with a lot of help from others on this forum), to fix this issue, but to no avail.

dallascowboys

Sentinel 2.00.01

NXDN is supported in Sentinel, but not yet part of the main database import from RR. So, you've still got time to get the upgrade for only $30.

Ok thanks, I already have the NXDN Upgrade do you have an idea when the main database will happen ?
Thanks again for the response and thank you and your team for doing such great work.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Wish I had the serial # for the SDS-100 I have on order, so I could get the NXDN upgrade for $30 and apply the discount/credit I got for the initial NXDN snafu... :D

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Small Bug Found In New Sentinal 2.00.01

I've found a small bug that I would like UpMan to be aware of. In conventional favorites, all of the Digital Code Search audio options when you click on them come up with the Audio Type set to ALL. It never shows digital and then selects the Digital Code Search. If you select a P25 NAC, DMR Color, NDXN? (I thought it was NXDN) Area, or NDXN? Ran, it will work and display properly the next time you select it.

I've even tried changing it to something else and then back to what it's suppose to be, but the bug is still there. I'm not sure if the radio will search only digital or ALL. Does anyone else see this happening?

Easy way to check, select an entry that shows "Digital Code Search" in the Audio Options column of a conventional list, then select "Digital" for Audio Type and make sure that "Digital Code Search" is checked under Digital Options. Click OK. Then open it back up and it changes back to ALL for Audio Type.

johnk9deputy

Premium Subscriber
nxdn

here is my problem is that after the last too updates I can not receive the nxdn channels that I could hear with
ver 19 since 20 and 21 it blocks it out and it sounds like garbage and I do have the updates and up grades
any help would be nice.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
here is my problem is that after the last too updates I can not receive the nxdn channels that I could hear with
ver 19 since 20 and 21 it blocks it out and it sounds like garbage and I do have the updates and up grades
any help would be nice.

That is not a Sentinel issue, that is possibly a firmware issue, and should be posted here:
https://forums.radioreference.com/u...0885-bcdx36hp-firmware-1-21-00-available.html

And it would be best if you mentioned what specific NXDN system(s) you are having issues hearing.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Just updated to the version 2 Sentinel Software with no issues with Windows 10. Programmed my BCD536XP with no issues when sending the programming to the radio.

Installed no problems and programmed a NXDN Trunked System with no issues. Just waiting and hitting the record to see if any talkgroups come up on an NX4800 system

D

DaveNF2G

I've found a small bug that I would like UpMan to be aware of. In conventional favorites, all of the Digital Code Search audio options when you click on them come up with the Audio Type set to ALL. It never shows digital and then selects the Digital Code Search. If you select a P25 NAC, DMR Color, NDXN? (I thought it was NXDN) Area, or NDXN? Ran, it will work and display properly the next time you select it.

I've even tried changing it to something else and then back to what it's suppose to be, but the bug is still there. I'm not sure if the radio will search only digital or ALL. Does anyone else see this happening?

Easy way to check, select an entry that shows "Digital Code Search" in the Audio Options column of a conventional list, then select "Digital" for Audio Type and make sure that "Digital Code Search" is checked under Digital Options. Click OK. Then open it back up and it changes back to ALL for Audio Type.

DCS is transmitted on analog signals, like CTCSS. Is that what you are referring to?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The dialog for setting DCS/CTCSS/NAC/Color/RAN isn't always defaulting to the channel's current setting when it opens. It's defaulting to ALL when the channel is set to Digital Code Search.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
The dialog for setting DCS/CTCSS/NAC/Color/RAN isn't always defaulting to the channel's current setting when it opens. It's defaulting to ALL when the channel is set to Digital Code Search.

CORRECT! Thanks Jon for saying it in 1 sentence instead of my 3 paragraphs! :)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
any help would be nice.

If you're using manual digital threshold settings, change back to auto.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I downloated the sentinel 2.00.01 and using the x36 I see you can edit display is that able to use that in the x36hp? I haven't tried yet.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I downloated the sentinel 2.00.01 and using the x36 I see you can edit display is that able to use that in the x36hp? I haven't tried yet.

NO. The screen customizer is only for the SDS-100.

Status
Not open for further replies.