BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear15

Hi, I got a 436 yesterday, and where does sentinel does get it's programming database from?
and on my old BCT15 I was using Freescan, but it is not compatible with the 436..
what is it you 436 owner use to simplify the task to program it?
feel free to point me in the right direction.
Cheers

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Hi, I got a 436 yesterday, and where does sentinel does get it's programming database from?
and on my old BCT15 I was using Freescan, but it is not compatible with the 436..
what is it you 436 owner use to simplify the task to program it?
feel free to point me in the right direction.
Cheers
Sentinel gets its database from right here at radioreference.com

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bear15

Sentinel gets its database from right here at radioreference.com

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So there is no need to have a premium membership to pull up a database like with Freescan on my bct15?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You did when you bought the 436. Uniden doesn't get access to the RR data for free.

Bear15

I've downloaded Sentinel 2 and updated the full database and uploaded it to the scanner, now when I scan my area near in Ontario near the US border, it give me an bunch NY system which I don't monitor or get up here, is there anyway to remove USA database from Sentinel?
Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've downloaded Sentinel 2 and updated the full database and uploaded it to the scanner, now when I scan my area near in Ontario near the US border, it give me an bunch NY system which I don't monitor or get up here, is there anyway to remove USA database from Sentinel?
Thanks
Not really. Besides, everytime you did a database update, the US data would rebuild.

Re-check your range, you might have it set too high. For a better explanation of using the range, see

How it Works: Location, Location, Location

Bear15

menu system. Look under "Set Scan Selection" then "Select Lists to Monitor" was my issue.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Getting 436HP to receive

I can only hear a couple transmissions now and then. I've tried everything I know, which is little. How do I download the information from pc too scanner. I have manually put in 10 or more frequencies but don't receive but the couple.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.