BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Sentinel displaying x.xx for firmware version

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
When I'm using sentinel, click on the update tab and then click update firmware. Then I click on the Info button and under the Version Information, firmware shows x.xx. All other information on that screen is correct.

I'm using the latest sentinel version 2.00.05 and have the latest firmware version 1.23.0 installed.

I manually downgraded to firmware 1.22.0 and then upgraded again thru the sentinel program, but still firmware shows x.xx. Anyone else having this problem? The scanner seems to be working fine, just not displaying the firmware version from within sentinel. Thanks.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's a cosmetic issue that only affects the display of the main (not sub) firmware version.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
So does it show x.xx for everyone, or does some people see the actual firmware version?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Everyone, for the main firmware version display. The display of the sub firmware version is not afffected.

There are other more significant bugs fixed in 2.05, so I recommend keeping it.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
So does it show x.xx for everyone, or does some people see the actual firmware version?

Yeah, I show the same here. But like Jon said, it’s not a big deal and I rather have the improvements and addtions on this Sentinel version, including the new display color profile improvements.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Everyone, for the main firmware version display. The display of the sub firmware version is not afffected.

There are other more significant bugs fixed in 2.05, so I recommend keeping it.

Like I said, the scanner works fine and not a big deal. I don't understand what you mean by the sub firmware version.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There are 2 firmwares: one for the main CPU, and one for the subprocessor. They have separate versions.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
ive asked twice today & received a nasty response ive updated the software as i thought & my 436 still says versyon 1.23.00 or should it be 2.00.0

The latest firmware for the BCD436 is: 1.23.00

The latest firmware for the SDS100 is: 1.02.03

Status
Not open for further replies.