Range with rectangles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Went on a trip and was picking up stuff that I knew I was very far from. When I went in location settings for those departments, in the scanner, I was able to adjust the range on some depts . The ones that were set to rectangles I was not able to.

How do you adjust the range of a department in the scanner when its set with rectangles?

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
First and foremost: are you using GPS?
If not, the question is somewhat moot, because your location in the radio is static.
Whatever you have set it to, until you change it, no matter if you are moving - or not.
The radio thinks it's wherever you last set it to.

OK:
Range is for circles basically.
Essentially, it is the radius of that circle.

When you define a rectangle, you ARE defining the range, (the area you want your FL to activate in.

What do you have your range (the radio's range) set to?
(menu / set your location / set range)
If it is set to 0, your rectangle is the exact area.

Let's say you have it set to 1.
Then, the area will be your rectangle, PLUS 1 mile.
2, range is 2 miles added to your rectangle, etc, etc...

Questions?
Just ask.

Hit_Factor

Went on a trip and was picking up stuff that I knew I was very far from. When I went in location settings for those departments, in the scanner, I was able to adjust the range on some depts . The ones that were set to rectangles I was not able to.

How do you adjust the range of a department in the scanner when its set with rectangles?

I run my scanner with the range setting of zero. By setting this to zero you are telling the scanner not to enable the tower until you are close enough to it to be in the 'jurisdiction' you wish to monitor. If you set the scanners range to 10 miles, it will attempt to receive traffic when it is 10 miles from the border and inside the 'jurisdiction'.

Reducing the range given in the DB (then saved as a FL) is the opposite of attaining your goal. Far too much work.

Hope this helps.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber

Make the rectangle(s) smaller? Change the parameters of the rectangle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.